Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a medical collection removed

tag
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

How to get a medical collection removed

I currently have one medical collection on my credit that I been making payments on and can pay the rest of the balance off now. Before I do this I did ask for it to deleted from my file in exchange for full payment. But they refused and said they could only update to pif. I even called the hospital and ask them to pull it out of collections and I would pay them directly but they said they couldn't do that and it would be up to the collection agency to remove it or not. Could I possibly use the hippa process to have this removed after its paid or did I blow my chances at this since I been making payments to the collection agency. The account is with central financial control with a balance of 945 dollars. Any input would be appreciated thanks.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to get a medical collection removed

@undrtkr65 wrote:
I currently have one medical collection on my credit that I been making payments on and can pay the rest of the balance off now. Before I do this I did ask for it to deleted from my file in exchange for full payment. But they refused and said they could only update to pif. I even called the hospital and ask them to pull it out of collections and I would pay them directly but they said they couldn't do that and it would be up to the collection agency to remove it or not. Could I possibly use the hippa process to have this removed after its paid or did I blow my chances at this since I been making payments to the collection agency. The account is with central financial control with a balance of 945 dollars. Any input would be appreciated thanks.

We cant discuss the HIPAA process on this board. Here are the steps to handling medical collections, you might retry he hospital by asking the administrator.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.