Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a sold charge off removed?

tag
creditlady
New Contributor

How to get a sold charge off removed?

I have a Charge off credit card that was sold to a jdb earlier this year. The jdb didnt have the correct info to validate so it was deleted. Now I have to get the original charge off deleted. The charge off is reported on all 3 How do I go about this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to get a sold charge off removed?

@creditlady wrote:

I have a Charge off credit card that was sold to a jdb earlier this year. The jdb didnt have the correct info to validate so it was deleted. Now I have to get the original charge off deleted. The charge off is reported on all 3 How do I go about this?

GW letters is your only chance.

Message 2 of 4
creditlady
New Contributor

What would I say in a GW letter?

It seems a stretch to say " Yea sorry I burned you and stopped paying your card. Can you please remove this from my credit?"

Has a GW ever worked before on a charge off less than a year old?

Message 3 of 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@creditlady wrote:

What would I say in a GW letter?

It seems a stretch to say " Yea sorry I burned you and stopped paying your card. Can you please remove this from my credit?"

Has a GW ever worked before on a charge off less than a year old?

That's pretty much what you have to say, sound like you're really apologetic and that normally things like this happen and have you want to rectify the relationship. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.