Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get creditor to remove 30 days late

tag
mikevbm24
New Visitor

How to get creditor to remove 30 days late

i recently had a death in the family which caused me to get 30 days behind on car note with Usaa, dillards, and goodyear credit card. Does anyone know how to get them to removed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Dbremer
New Contributor

Re: How to get creditor to remove 30 days late

I would try a goodwill letter explaining what happened. Be honest and forthright they might delete it. GL!!!
Message 2 of 4
ctd22308

Not an expert, but  and new here as well, but if you have never been late (30 days+) on these I would call and explain the situation and ask for a one time courtesy removal.  Take notes of who you speak with and what call center they are out of if they agree.  Also, make sure you watch and if not removed in 30-45 days call back. I am stuck with a 30 day from 2010 that they were supposed to remove. I emailed the lender several times in 2010 to get it corrected, which  they never did,  and I no longer have access to the email account to show evidence they agreed to remove.  My bad, but a lesson learned. Documentation is always key if you ever have to get to a dispute status.

Message 3 of 4
Dbremer
New Contributor

+1 agree with ctd.... If it's happened recently a call might be better! Sorry, I'm dealing with long ago lates, used to sending letters.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.