cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get info for Account gone from Credit Report??

tag
mintons
Established Member

How to get info for Account gone from Credit Report??

Hello -

I posed this question in a previous post, but it was jumbled with some other questions related to Midland Collections.

Anyway, short of the story is that I need to find out the SOL / DOFD for an account on my wife's credit report.  The original creditor was GE Money, however, GE Money is NO longer on my wife's credit reports.  It is now in the hands of collections with Midland, but I am pretty sure the account is close to reaching its point to being past the 7.5 years, or may have even exceeded it.

However, before I go poking around at Midland, I would like to know when it should be dropped off??

So, my question is this.....is it possible to find out the following:  1.  Why an account may no longer be on her report? 2.  For GE Money, how can we find out what the account info is?  should the Credit Agencies have that on file?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to get info for Account gone from Credit Report??

@mintons wrote:

Hello -

I posed this question in a previous post, but it was jumbled with some other questions related to Midland Collections.

Anyway, short of the story is that I need to find out the SOL / DOFD for an account on my wife's credit report.  The original creditor was GE Money, however, GE Money is NO longer on my wife's credit reports.  It is now in the hands of collections with Midland, but I am pretty sure the account is close to reaching its point to being past the 7.5 years, or may have even exceeded it.

However, before I go poking around at Midland, I would like to know when it should be dropped off??

So, my question is this.....is it possible to find out the following:  1.  Why an account may no longer be on her report? 2.  For GE Money, how can we find out what the account info is?  should the Credit Agencies have that on file?

Thanks!

1, No, not really. 2. Call GECRB they should have the info on file by SSN if you dont know the acct # and if they dont its most likely too old to be reporting anyway. The states SOL and the CRTP are 2 different things. States SOL is what controls time limits for suing, the CRTP is controlled by the FCRA.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.