cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get one 30/60 day delinquency removed from a clean credit report....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get one 30/60 day delinquency removed from a clean credit report....

Hey guys,

About a year or two ago I had a miniscule charge of less than $15 on my account. I thought I set up autopay but it went 60 days deliquent before I noticed and immediately paid it off. Before the 30/60 day charge my credit score was in the 740s and even after over a year it is barely 700. This has come at a terrible time. I am looking to buy a house. This 15 dollar charge is going to end up costing me thousands in mortgage fees.... I have no other incidents other than this one.

Is there anything I can do to remove it? What do I dispute?

I am thinking about paying Lexington Law firm to help me.

Please let me know if you guys can help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How to get one 30/60 day delinquency removed from a clean credit report....

It's legitimate, so you dont want to dispute for two reasons.

First, there is no inaccuracy, so it is not a valid dispute.

Second, and more importantly, the proper procedure is to request their good-will deletion.  Filing a dispute that they will have to take the time to investigate and verify may promote their ill rather than good-will.

You can contact the credtior and make a request that they grant you a good-will deletion of the reported delinquency.

If you have a long and good prior payment history with them,, they may excuse the anomoly.

Call someone in their executive office and make your plea.  Many creditors have standard policy passed down to underlings not to delete accurate reporting, so it is best to contact a management official who can grant you an exception to their standard policy.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.