Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get paid collections deleted??

tag
Bermudalover
Established Member

How to get paid collections deleted??

Hi all. 

I'm working on cleaning up hubby's credit reports.  He has paid collection accounts from Pinnacle, Portfolio Recovery, Cavalry and Midland funding.  Two from Cavalry and two from Midland funding.

Of course the best way to have dealt with this would have been for paid for deletion, but unfortunately too late for that.

These will not fall off his report for another 3 years, so i'd like to know if anyone has suggestions as to the best way to appraoch them for deletion now?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to get paid collections deleted??

you will need to begin a GW letter campaign to the reporting entities asking for forgiveness and removal of the TL.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 6
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

you will need to begin a GW letter campaign to the reporting entities asking for forgiveness and removal of the TL.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Beg.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the same boat for PR. Just started my begging campaign yesterday. Good luck to us both.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a few paid collections too, before i read about PFD. I started disputing the collections multiple times, and they mustve got tired of validating the accounts all the time. One time they failed to validate and the collections were deleted. This was for equifax and transunion.

Message 5 of 6
Bermudalover
Established Member

Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.