Established Member
benitaV

How to get paid medical bills off my CR

Nov 2007, I was hospitalized for three days. I was was hopping that my insurance would be reinstated, It was not , however I had called the Hospital and let them know that I knew I had an 11000.00 bill and hopefully it would be paid . I was denied,I was getting so many bills from everywhere, I thought I had them all put into one, and was told that the monthly payments would be divided in parts , I would still get bills from them , just disregard them. I set it up to come directly out of my checking account. few months latter I started getting calls, for payments, I was bust taking care of my sister who was dying, I just paid every bill that I got. I was paying all three CRA, monthly so I didn't want anything reported. Anyway, after my sister passed away, I got focused and found that four of the accounts had been reported and were CO. I called all of them and paid them in full that day. but still they wont take them off. What can I do?

Established Contributor
jesslyn

Re: How to get paid medical bills off my CR

I'm not sure I understand your question.

The HIPAA process outlines the steps you take to get paid medical collections off of your credit report.  If you do a quick search, or look at the stickied threads, there is a lot of information out there.

Did you begin that process, and run into a problem?

Established Member
benitaV

Re: How to get paid medical bills off my CR

No I had no idea, i was just reading something about it on here. I wasn't sure if that is what it was . I have bad eyes, I can only read for a minute at a time. I didn't know if they were talking about having bills that were not theirs removed, So it is possible? I will print out the information and read it. Thanks

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+