Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get paid medical bills off my CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get paid medical bills off my CR

Nov 2007, I was hospitalized for three days. I was was hopping that my insurance would be reinstated, It was not , however I had called the Hospital and let them know that I knew I had an 11000.00 bill and hopefully it would be paid . I was denied,I was getting so many bills from everywhere, I thought I had them all put into one, and was told that the monthly payments would be divided in parts , I would still get bills from them , just disregard them. I set it up to come directly out of my checking account. few months latter I started getting calls, for payments, I was bust taking care of my sister who was dying, I just paid every bill that I got. I was paying all three CRA, monthly so I didn't want anything reported. Anyway, after my sister passed away, I got focused and found that four of the accounts had been reported and were CO. I called all of them and paid them in full that day. but still they wont take them off. What can I do?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get paid medical bills off my CR

No I had no idea, i was just reading something about it on here. I wasn't sure if that is what it was . I have bad eyes, I can only read for a minute at a time. I didn't know if they were talking about having bills that were not theirs removed, So it is possible? I will print out the information and read it. Thanks
Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure I understand your question.

The HIPAA process outlines the steps you take to get paid medical collections off of your credit report.  If you do a quick search, or look at the stickied threads, there is a lot of information out there.

Did you begin that process, and run into a problem?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I had no idea, i was just reading something about it on here. I wasn't sure if that is what it was . I have bad eyes, I can only read for a minute at a time. I didn't know if they were talking about having bills that were not theirs removed, So it is possible? I will print out the information and read it. Thanks
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.