Contributor
schrute

Re: How to get rid of charge off on TU?

The delquency and date of last payment was 2009. It was CO'ed in 2011 and sold to a CA.

Contributor
schrute

Yes, they failed to provide a MOV and did not provide a number or address of who was contacted at  Wells when it was requested. Just stated that it was on my CR. Wells sent something to my house a while ago which showed something about an account. The first name didn't match what is on my credit report. In addition, the city is not the same as the city I live in... so there are some valid errors...

Senior Contributor
DaBears

CRA's get your personal information from Creditors. Unless you call them and have info change than you have to notify your creditors as well. Something stinks about this whole thread.

Contributor
schrute

My CR is correct with my name and information. The Wells information is not correct. So how can this CO be considered "mine"?

So at the end of the day, you're saying that this CO should stay on my CR?

guiness56

No, if it isn't yours it shouldn't be there.  You never said it wasn't your account.

Contributor
schrute

Should I try to dispute MOV with the CFPB to get it removed?

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

schrute wrote:

My CR is correct with my name and information. The Wells information is not correct. So how can this CO be considered "mine"?

So at the end of the day, you're saying that this CO should stay on my CR?

If not yours, did you get a police report filed for ID theft? You can very easily get rid of it with the police report. It would also be wise to get a report filed just in case there are other non-reporting credit items lurking out there that you don't know about yet.

Contributor
schrute

Is this practical to do after 3 years?

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Heck yea! No matter how old, if I had any account reporting that wasn't mine I would contact the police. You never know what else is lurking out there that hasn't reported yet. Three years ago is relatively recent in credit-speak.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+