Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of charge off on TU?

tag
schrute
Contributor

Re: How to get rid of charge off on TU?

The delquency and date of last payment was 2009. It was CO'ed in 2011 and sold to a CA.

Message 31 of 39
schrute
Contributor

Yes, they failed to provide a MOV and did not provide a number or address of who was contacted at  Wells when it was requested. Just stated that it was on my CR. Wells sent something to my house a while ago which showed something about an account. The first name didn't match what is on my credit report. In addition, the city is not the same as the city I live in... so there are some valid errors...

Message 32 of 39
DaBears
Senior Contributor

CRA's get your personal information from Creditors. Unless you call them and have info change than you have to notify your creditors as well. Something stinks about this whole thread.

Message 33 of 39
schrute
Contributor

My CR is correct with my name and information. The Wells information is not correct. So how can this CO be considered "mine"?

So at the end of the day, you're saying that this CO should stay on my CR?

Message 34 of 39
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, if it isn't yours it shouldn't be there.  You never said it wasn't your account.

Message 35 of 39
schrute
Contributor

Should I try to dispute MOV with the CFPB to get it removed?

Message 36 of 39
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@schrute wrote:

My CR is correct with my name and information. The Wells information is not correct. So how can this CO be considered "mine"?

So at the end of the day, you're saying that this CO should stay on my CR?

If not yours, did you get a police report filed for ID theft? You can very easily get rid of it with the police report. It would also be wise to get a report filed just in case there are other non-reporting credit items lurking out there that you don't know about yet.

Message 37 of 39
schrute
Contributor

Is this practical to do after 3 years?

Message 38 of 39
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Heck yea! No matter how old, if I had any account reporting that wasn't mine I would contact the police. You never know what else is lurking out there that hasn't reported yet. Three years ago is relatively recent in credit-speak.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.