Contributor

Re: How to get rid of charge off on TU?

The delquency and date of last payment was 2009. It was CO'ed in 2011 and sold to a CA.

Contributor

Yes, they failed to provide a MOV and did not provide a number or address of who was contacted at  Wells when it was requested. Just stated that it was on my CR. Wells sent something to my house a while ago which showed something about an account. The first name didn't match what is on my credit report. In addition, the city is not the same as the city I live in... so there are some valid errors...

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

CRA's get your personal information from Creditors. Unless you call them and have info change than you have to notify your creditors as well. Something stinks about this whole thread.

Contributor

My CR is correct with my name and information. The Wells information is not correct. So how can this CO be considered "mine"?

So at the end of the day, you're saying that this CO should stay on my CR?

Epic Contributor

No, if it isn't yours it shouldn't be there.  You never said it wasn't your account.

Contributor

Should I try to dispute MOV with the CFPB to get it removed?

Moderator Emeritus

schrute wrote:

My CR is correct with my name and information. The Wells information is not correct. So how can this CO be considered "mine"?

So at the end of the day, you're saying that this CO should stay on my CR?

If not yours, did you get a police report filed for ID theft? You can very easily get rid of it with the police report. It would also be wise to get a report filed just in case there are other non-reporting credit items lurking out there that you don't know about yet.

Contributor

Is this practical to do after 3 years?

Moderator Emeritus

Heck yea! No matter how old, if I had any account reporting that wasn't mine I would contact the police. You never know what else is lurking out there that hasn't reported yet. Three years ago is relatively recent in credit-speak.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.