Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of charge off on TU?

tag
schrute
Contributor

How to get rid of charge off on TU?

So I have a charge off on TU. Reporting since 2011 for a few thousand. Sold to a JDB. I've tried disputing by writing a letter as not mine. Jack attack. I tried redisputing it with a MOV. Twice came back but they didn't respond. Any other suggestions or ideas? I'm trying the BBB now...

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

Re: How to get rid of charge off on TU?

Is it a valid CO?

Message 2 of 39
schrute
Contributor

Sure.

Message 3 of 39
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

Then you need to send them GW letters to get them to remove it.  I dont think contacting the BBB is a good idea because they are doing nothing wrong and will make your GW request that much harder.

Message 4 of 39
madmann26
Valued Contributor

You might be better off paying it since it's a valid debt and GW them to death later.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 5 of 39
schrute
Contributor

TU didn't respond to my MOV within 15 days (took them like 30 days plus). Also, they never provided a name, address in the letter as required. I'm putting the pressure on them via BBB complaint. So far not much progress.

Message 6 of 39
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I agree with hdrider and madmann, Why would you dispute a valid debt? send a DV and if it comes back see if they can do a PFD

Message 7 of 39
schrute
Contributor

I've called them and they said it is out of their hands. It sold off to a JDB and said I had to talk to them. I've gotten EQ and EX to delete it off just not TU. Since TU didn't respond to my MOV legally - breaking the FCRA - shouldn't they have to delete it?

Message 8 of 39
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Send copies from EX and EQ showing the removal. There should be no reason why they can't delete it. This is why I got a consumer attorney to take care of my disputes. He doesnt charge me he goes after the CA or OC!!!!

Message 9 of 39
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am assuming that your method of verification request was sent to the CRA under FCRA 611(a)(7), requesting they provide a description of the procedures used in determing the verification of a concluded dispute with them.

Yes, they are required to provide names of those to which they forwarded the dispute, so if they failed to do so, they would be in violation of section 611(a)(7).

Violations of the FCRA are handled administratively by way of formal complaint to the FTC, or by bringing your own civil action.

Section 611(a)(7) does not require deletion of the previously disputed information based on any such violation.  Any sanction depends upon the outcome of the admin or civil action. 

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.