cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get your updated credit reports free every day!!!!

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to get your updated credit reports free every day!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Apandabear......care to share your uber site you use for only $12/month? 

USAA's CMS is about that price and you can pull all 3 daily. There are others out there for about the same price, but is limited to a monthly pull.

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 22 of 31
robert900rj

Apandabear good for you! BUT getting free daily access for being a victim of fraud DOES NOT HAPPEN!!! You didnt even say what company you used at that price, and if it isnt available to ALL, it's worthless anyway... So learn me some "stuff" eh LOL. Its pretty obvious why my posts were edited when I mention FREE reports on a site that sells them!!! Only advise others if you have knowledge, other wise silence is golden.

Starting EQ FICO Score: 575 7/2012
Current EQ FICO Score: 635 8/2012
Starting TU FICO Score: 592 7/2012
Current TU FICO Score: 644 8/2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 31
Asailorshort
Regular Contributor

Robert900,

Disputing accurate information on your cr just so you can get a 'free look' at your report is unethical and discussing it on this forum is against TOS. However, having said that, I agree that it shouldn't be so difficult and/or expensive to get access to data in your own CR.  There are affordable(ish) CMS's and always make sure to take advantage of any 'free looks' you get, such as when you are denied credit.  And again, having said that, I know I have a small error on experian that I need to dispute but I keep putting off disputing, waiting for something more significant  to pop up on EX that I want to see before I 'use' that dispute. 

Starting FICO 667 (5/2012) EQ
672 (7/2012) EQ. 681 (8/1/12) EQ
Current FICO 682 (10/13/12) EQ; 718 (10/13/12) TU
Goal: 760+ but 700-720 by jan 2013
No new apps tll jul 2013
Message 24 of 31
apandabear
Regular Contributor

@robert900rj wrote:

Apandabear good for you! BUT getting free daily access for being a victim of fraud DOES NOT HAPPEN!!! You didnt even say what company you used at that price, and if it isnt available to ALL, it's worthless anyway... So learn me some "stuff" eh LOL. Its pretty obvious why my posts were edited when I mention FREE reports on a site that sells them!!! Only advise others if you have knowledge, other wise silence is golden.

I've actually heard of several people that were victims of documented fraud that had access to monitoring. Just because you weren't offered it or didn't know to ask for it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

The site I pull from is USAA. And the credit monitoring service is available to all. You can refresh your 3 bureau reports every day, for exactly $12.25 per month. It's available to full and partial members. It's a very handy tool. I've actually heard of folks getting a 50% discount on that price (if you've been with them for 6 months) just by calling and asking for it.

There's a thread hanging around the forum that outlines a lot of different services and the details (cost, reports included, how often you can pull, etc). Search for "CMS Guide" and it will pull up a pretty comprehensive list.

These forums are moderated. That's really the end of it. 

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think a number of people are missing a key point of Roberts argument, you have limited access to information that has a profound affect on your life and your financial life in particular.  You apply for credit and get denied, only then do you get to look inside your file without charge. Sounds kinda suspicious to me. Be akin to failing a test an only then getting to see the material it would cover. There is something very big brother in the credit industry. There are all sorts of freedom of information rules for access to information not personally associated with the requester yet the monitoring agencies get to decide how , when and at what cost consumers get access to their own personal information. Kind of like having the prisoners in charge of the prison. The laws wont change useless we discuss them including why the CRA  feel it is so important to limit access. Why only one free report a year?? Just food for thought.  When you hand over the keys to the kingdom willingly you cant complain about loosing the kingdom.

Message 26 of 31
Madman94044
Regular Contributor

I've been doing this for months to monitor the status of accounts, If info is inaccurrate, i dispute it.  Discussion of this is frowned upon here, but I disagree that its unethical.

How is it ethical to profit off selliing me access to MY financial history?

Staring Score:EQ 649 TU 647 EX 644
Current Score: EQ 786 TU 699 EX 746
Goal Score: 800
Wallet: SF Fire CU $5000 CL Chase Freedom 4000 CL, Chase MP $5000, WellsFargo $6000 CL, Amex Gold NPSL, Cap1 CashRewards $2500 CL, Amex BCP $12000 Discover More $1200 CSP 18000
Message 27 of 31
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

There was a file breach at a medical facility so the company paid for free tu credit monitoring for me for 1 year. Odd they only chose tu. 

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 28 of 31
annielorie
Valued Contributor

What about eliminate id theft its 12.95 a month all 3 reports everyday I use it its great even get a free FAKO LOL

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 29 of 31
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Well, you can choose to play by the credit rules, or you can choose to save and pay for everything in cash.

Credit is not a right. Credit approval is up to the company providing it. They pay for a 3rd party company to provide them information. 

Posting on this forum is not a right. It's a 3rd party company. Arguing with mods and MyFico, who have clearly defined what can and cannot be said and done on here, will not result in you winning any sort of medal. If you don't like it here, move on. I am sure somewhere else on the interwebs your information is deemed valuable to a community. This just isn't the one. I post here, and on other forums, and some things I just don't discuss or say here because this website has defined what I can and cannot talk about. And that is fine, because I do not own this website, and I enjoy this community at large.

Louis CK has a joke, and paraphrased, it essentially said only a couple short decades ago, when you had no money, you just stopped doing things.

Now, everyone is ticked when banks don't give them more money to overextend themselves and get into debt, and in droves they come to websites to complain about it. Many years ago, they enacted the FCRA and FDCPA in order to establish 'rule' in the kingdom. It is far from perfect, as we all know. But I find it apropos that the majority of people who complain about the system are the same who have financial issues. My grandmother never missed a payment, always paid her bills, and never had any issues with credit, getting whatever she needed whether it was paying in cash or asking a bank for money. I spent years touring in a rock band, got into debt, ignored the debt, got into more debt, got evicted from apartments and was an overall bad dude with money for 10 years. So why should I be shocked when a bank doesn't want to give me money? I understand that there are many exceptions to the rule, and I know many of you on this forum have many valid reason for your situation, or the CRAS, CA, OC's have screwed you over.

But until further noticed, these are the rules we have to play by, and learn to play the game. If you don't want to play the game, stop trying to borrow money.

Listen, I play the game. I've done unethical things to try to restore my credit. I have my beefs with how the process is handled. I have complained, and yes, even have been annoyed when the MODs cut information that I probably would have loved to know.

But to sit and complain about the system, when we are all sitting here trying to game the system in our favor is hypocritical.

As I have said before, I removed 19 collection accounts, either by dispute, GW, or PFD. Then I bought a house, and the bank thinks that I have been reliable and credible with my money.

Clearly, I wasn't. So; if we want to complain about the system, the rules, the big brother, the ethics they don't show, and how horrible the system as, at least admit we are hypocritcal while graciously taking our next deletion from a GW from a CA, because the next lender lending you money had no idea you decided not to pay that parking ticket.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.