cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get your updated credit reports free every day!!!!

tag
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to get your updated credit reports free every day!!!!

@OlegWasHere wrote:

is there a way to find out when you get your free report? 

I'd say call Experian but they wont talk to you without a report number lol

Starting Score: TU:619 (02/24/2012) - EQ:629 (02/24/2012)
Current Score: TU:632 (06/21/2012) - EQ:672 (06/21/2012)
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 31
robert900rj

You do NOT need a report number with the back door I posted but It was deleted by the mods as looking to see if your report has errors for YOUR benefit is considered unethical..

Starting EQ FICO Score: 575 7/2012
Current EQ FICO Score: 635 8/2012
Starting TU FICO Score: 592 7/2012
Current TU FICO Score: 644 8/2012

Message 12 of 31
robert900rj

marine vet, nothing I posted was unethical people ARE allowed to check to see if they NEED to dispute their credit info, correct? Whether they actually need to or not is obviously circumstantional.  So posting the links for people who need to know whats happening isnt unethical. People who try to limit information are unethical. Just because you dont need the info/help doesnt mean the rest of us dont.  I'm not new here I just changed names. If you read further down, you would have saw an exact example of someone who caught something "new" on there report from checking it that way.  HOW WILL YOU EVER KNOW IF YOU NEED TO DISPUTE IF YOU DONT CHECK YOUR REPORTS? I CAN GUARANTEE THAT CHECKING THEM ONCE IN A WHILE ISNT ENOUGH!!! SO I RECOMMEND CHECKING THEM AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE! We still need MYFICO to see actual scores though!!!

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hm..the sharing of information around here really has a blurry line..but dare we cross it?! :x

Message 14 of 31
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@robert900rj wrote:

marine vet, nothing I posted was unethical people ARE allowed to check to see if they NEED to dispute their credit info, correct? Whether they actually need to or not is obviously circumstantional.  So posting the links for people who need to know whats happening isnt unethical. People who try to limit information are unethical. Just because you dont need the info/help doesnt mean the rest of us dont.  I'm not new here I just changed names. If you read further down, you would have saw an exact example of someone who caught something "new" on there report from checking it that way.  HOW WILL YOU EVER NEED TO KNOW IF YOU NEED TO DISPUTE IF YOU DONT CHECK YOUR REPORTS? I CAN GUARANTEE THAT CHECKING THEM ONCE IN A WHILE ISNT ENOUGH!!! SOI RECOMMEND CHECKING THEM AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE! We still need MYFICO to see actual scores though!!!

It's lying to obtain a free report, isn't it? How's that not unethical?

Why not purchase it, or get it through one of many free methods like annualcreditreport or ordering it after an adverse action?

Message 15 of 31
robert900rj

HOW IS CHECKING TO SEE IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU NEED TO DISPUTE LYING? IF YOU NEED TO DISPUTE THEN DO SO IF YOU DONT THEN GREAT! ITS YOUR RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT AFFECTING YOUR LIFE! WHATS UNETHICAL ABOUT WHAT I JUST SAID?

Message 16 of 31
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

You're trying to parse your words now but you advocated and advised others to initiate a certain process online without intending to actually go through with that process. This is an attempt to obtain services under false pretenses and will never be allowed to be discussed.

Message 17 of 31
robert900rj

Well I disagree had you not edited my post so fast I could prove how it was worded. You jumped the gun, but I'm not here to bicker I'm here to actually help people repair their credit... Not over post to earn a title Smiley Wink  With that said you already altered my post, but I think I got my point across. People are getting tired of the credit scams that affect our lives every day.. $20.00-$30.00 a report is too much yet I too paid . I was a victim to identity theft and I knew it mid-stream so I didnt know how many accounts were lurking and waiting to pop up. I checked my reports EVERY DAY FOR NEARLY A MONTH OUT OF POCKET UNTIL I REALIZED THERE WAS ANOTHER WAY TO CHECK FOR ACCURACY!!!! YOU DO THE MATH!!!! Was I wrong for looking to see if there was new false information to dispute on my reports daily ? How about the new inquires that shoud have been erased? Or is one wrong for looking to see if out dated data is still present? Should I have to pay for that? ESPECIALLY WITH THE ERROR RATE! I think not. Yet I did until, I figured out that I was getting the same thing without a score for free.. And when it was all said and done, I learned how to check my reports for accuracy without paying for an update each day which is rediculous. 

Message 18 of 31
apandabear
Regular Contributor

There are credit monitoring services which cost less per month than the $20-$30 per report you say you spent.

I pull all 3 reports every day for $12/month.

And if you were truly a victim of identity theft, you would likely have had an offer to some credit monitoring service for free.

While this thread amused me greatly, there are more lucrative ways to spend your time in these forums. Why not hang around and try to learn some stuff that will help you in your quest for better credit?

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apandabear......care to share your uber site you use for only $12/month? 

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.