Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have baddies removed from my report

tag
tommywerdine
Regular Contributor

How to have baddies removed from my report

My Experian has two baddies on my report. One being a medical bill for $315 dollars, the second being something from AT&T for $295 dollars.

My question is.. I want to pay these off (especially since tax time is around the corner, and I'll have some some spare change that I can use on these two negitives on my report.) how can I have them removed. I know some places say "we can't remove them, blah blah, blah"

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how I can try and have them removed once I pay them in full... or make them settle. Which is best? Paying in full or setteling? 

I'm 21 and recovering from someone who stole my credit when I was 14, and from a few stupid mistakes from when I was 18 and 19. 

Thanks in advanced! Smiley Happy 

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards $10k | TobyHanna FCU $10k | Black Card $5k | NFCU goRewards $2.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred $2k | DCU Plat Rewards $2k | Huntington Voice $1250 | AmEx Delta $1k | Cap1 QS $300 | Cap1 Secured $500 | J Crew $4.9k | Walmart $2.5k | Kay $1k | Jareds $1k | HomeDepot $1k | FingerHut $900 | Macys $800 | Phillips66 $750 | Buckle $300 | Express $250 In The Garden Since: August 4, 2014. TU FICO: 711 (via Walmart) | EQ FICO: 699 | EX FICO: 677 Goals:700+ on all three.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to have baddies removed from my report

For the medical collection search for HIPPA Process. PIF is always better but I would think twice about doing it unless you are going to be apping for a mortgage.

Message 2 of 9
tommywerdine
Regular Contributor

Thank you for replying!

I searched for HIPAA Process, and found a few things about it. It's kind of confusing the way I read about it.

What about for AT&T? Anyway to have that removed from my CR?

I think I will PIF.. I won't be applying for a mortgage anytime soon (that I'm aware of, lol!)

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards $10k | TobyHanna FCU $10k | Black Card $5k | NFCU goRewards $2.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred $2k | DCU Plat Rewards $2k | Huntington Voice $1250 | AmEx Delta $1k | Cap1 QS $300 | Cap1 Secured $500 | J Crew $4.9k | Walmart $2.5k | Kay $1k | Jareds $1k | HomeDepot $1k | FingerHut $900 | Macys $800 | Phillips66 $750 | Buckle $300 | Express $250 In The Garden Since: August 4, 2014. TU FICO: 711 (via Walmart) | EQ FICO: 699 | EX FICO: 677 Goals:700+ on all three.
Message 3 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You can try a PFD with AT&T. Thing is a paid CO is no better than a CO itself but in this case might be best to att the PFD before a CA gets involved.

Message 4 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@tommywerdine wrote:

My Experian has two baddies on my report. One being a medical bill for $315 dollars, the second being something from AT&T for $295 dollars.

My question is.. I want to pay these off (especially since tax time is around the corner, and I'll have some some spare change that I can use on these two negitives on my report.) how can I have them removed. I know some places say "we can't remove them, blah blah, blah"

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how I can try and have them removed once I pay them in full... or make them settle. Which is best? Paying in full or setteling? 

I'm 21 and recovering from someone who stole my credit when I was 14, and from a few stupid mistakes from when I was 18 and 19. 

How old are the debts?  Are they still within your states suing SOL?

Message 5 of 9
tommywerdine
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

You can try a PFD with AT&T. Thing is a paid CO is no better than a CO itself but in this case might be best to att the PFD before a CA gets involved.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It has already gone to a CA. Should I still try and PFD with the CA?

Message 6 of 9
tommywerdine
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@tommywerdine wrote:

How old are the debts?  Are they still within your states suing SOL?

They're both dated 2013.... one is dated 2/1/2013 and the other is dated 10/1/2013 (I believe the most recient was sold to another CA) because that's for AT&T and that was an older one.... 

Message 7 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Try to contact the OC of the medical debt and see if you pay them directly will they recall the debt from the CA.  If they do the CA is supposed to remove their account from the CRAs.

Is ATT also reporting or just the CA?  You would send the PFD to who is reporting.  And does ATT still own the debt?

Message 8 of 9
tommywerdine
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Try to contact the OC of the medical debt and see if you pay them directly will they recall the debt from the CA.  If they do the CA is supposed to remove their account from the CRAs.

Is ATT also reporting or just the CA?  You would send the PFD to who is reporting.  And does ATT still own the debt?

Awesome, I will try and do that in the morning.

No, just the CA. AT&T is not on my report, just th CA.

So I should send the PFD to the CA? 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.