Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify CA

tag
Mm587
Regular Contributor

How to identify CA

I have two collections on my CR.  they are only identified by numbers.  How can I find out who holds these accounts.  Also, at some point in the past I disputed these two accounts....there are notes on the CR saying that I have disputed them, but I have never received any confirmaiton that they are accurate.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How to identify CA

That is the primary purpose of the requirement that a debt collector send the consumr a formal collection (dunning) notice after they have initiated collection on the debt.

Reporting to a CRA is normally considered to have initiated the requirement that they send dunning notice within 5 days, part of which requires identificaitn of the owner of the debt.

Since you have stated that you disputed the debt in the past, it would appear that you know the identity of the OC.

I would call them and inquire as to the identity of either their assigned debt collector or the party to whom they sold the debt.

You can, in that same call,ask whether they responded back to the CRA in your prior dispute, and if so, their resolution.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.