Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to proceed with Chase Visa in collection with MRS BPO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to proceed with Chase Visa in collection with MRS BPO

I have a Chase credit card debt of $17,000 that is currently in collection with MRS BPO. This credit card is in my name and my ex-husband’s name. After the divorce, I was too busy undergoing cancer treatments to even remember to cancel that card. Since I couldn’t work, I was using my credit cards to pay for living expenses. Hence the large amount of debt.

Eventually, I could no longer pay the minimum monthly payment. Since my ex was still on the card, he was getting phone calls and notices from Chase. He closed the account so that I could no longer use it. 13 months ago it went to collection.

Unfortunately, the debt is all mine. But, because my ex’s name is still attached to this card, it is adversely affecting his credit. I am in the process of selling my house and will soon have enough to completely pay off this outstanding debt.

So, here are my questions:

1. What do I need to do get this off my ex’s credit report?
  2. From what others have said, it sounds like MRS BPO doesn’t do pay for delete. If that is true, how do I proceed with them?

Thank you so much for having this forum available.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to proceed with Chase Visa in collection with MRS BPO

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a Chase credit card debt of $17,000 that is currently in collection with MRS BPO. This credit card is in my name and my ex-husband’s name. After the divorce, I was too busy undergoing cancer treatments to even remember to cancel that card. Since I couldn’t work, I was using my credit cards to pay for living expenses. Hence the large amount of debt.

Eventually, I could no longer pay the minimum monthly payment. Since my ex was still on the card, he was getting phone calls and notices from Chase. He closed the account so that I could no longer use it. 13 months ago it went to collection.

Unfortunately, the debt is all mine. But, because my ex’s name is still attached to this card, it is adversely affecting his credit. I am in the process of selling my house and will soon have enough to completely pay off this outstanding debt.

So, here are my questions:

1. What do I need to do get this off my ex’s credit report?
  2. From what others have said, it sounds like MRS BPO doesn’t do pay for delete. If that is true, how do I proceed with them?

Thank you so much for having this forum available.

if it was a joint account, you can't get his name off of it. If it was an AU account he can dispute the entry as "not my responsibility"

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid a joint collection earlier this month. The collection was in both mine and my ex husbands names. I paid it, which means the collection shows up paid on his report as well. As far as removing it from his report, I'm not sure the best way to go about that as the debt, though "yours" by admission, is still legally both of yours.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the only thing you can do is a GW letter after you have paid it.  Let them know the debt is all yours and you are only asking they remove it from his report.  You never know until you ask.

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Trying the GW is worth a shot.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.