cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to proceed with paid medical still reporting from CA. Even though I PIF to OC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to proceed with paid medical still reporting from CA. Even though I PIF to OC

I realize that this community really doesn't talk about medical bills other than telling people to proceed with the HIPPA process but thought one of you might be able to give me a quick answer as I find this all very confusing.

Long story short - I received a collections notice for an unpaid medical bill this spring. It was from a quick trip to the ER that was never processed correctly by the billing department at the hospital. I called the hospital, found out what happened, and PIF for a whopping $110.00. I pulled my Experian report through scorewatch the other day and it is still showing as owed to the collections agency. Haven't pulled any other reports yet. 

I paid in full to the hospital but as I wasn't a reader of the boards yet, paid via cc. I have  a receipt from the hospital. 

How do I proceed? Could I dispute on all my CR's? If so, how do I get a CR # considering I pulled all my free reports back in April and aren't due to receive them until that time next year?

Thanks

Jeni

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: How to proceed with paid medical still reporting from CA. Even though I PIF to OC

My suggestion is to DV the collection agency.  In your note, say specifically that if they can not prove the debt is owed, they must delete from your CR.

* others may disagree with the part of saying you can not prove it, delete it...

Message 2 of 6
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: How to proceed with paid medical still reporting from CA. Even though I PIF to OC

Call the hospital and ask I paid you in this bill in full on  this date. Ask them if they can pull the account back  from the collection agency and havie te account deleted at the collection agency.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first step would be to contact the hospital and let them know that a CA is attempting to collect the debt, which was paid in full directly to the hospital.  Have the information, such as account number, date, amount.

Don't be frustrated with this, just take the proper steps to clear it up.  The CA will be deleted from your CRA's. 

But my first step would be to make a very friendly, informational contact with the hospital. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so I just got a voice mail from the hospital that they took care of this and pulled it back from the CA. Now what? How long until I know for sure that it's gone?

Thanks everyone! 

Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay, so I just got a voice mail from the hospital that they took care of this and pulled it back from the CA. Now what? How long until I know for sure that it's gone?

Thanks everyone! 

I would give it 30 days or so and then check my reports to see if it really is gone.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.