Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to proceed?

tag
jmr2012
Valued Member

How to proceed?

I've spend a lot of time recently reading through the forum and have gained a ton of knowledge.  I do however have some questions.  Any advice is appreciated.

Focus Mgmt is listed only on Experian for $920 - Direct TV OC - I have received settlement offers in the mail recently from CBE Group for this debt but haven't seen them on CR's yet.  Not sure how to proceed.  It is my most recent collection and one of the highest.  I would like to get it taken care of.

Apex Asset - have two collections both for medical.  One is from Nov 2007 and the other Oct 2012.  Should I send PFD letters separately for each account or together? 

Verizon - 2 collections, one from June 2011 for $86 and one from April 2012 for $180.  I'm guessing that I just need to pay them and try GW after.

DSRM NT BK - this was for a Valero gas card. Shows only on TransUnion and Experian.  DOFD March 2008, balance $245. I had tried in 2010 to settle the account and they told me it was sold to FMA Alliance, however I see them no where on my reports.

First Savings CC - I recently had a phone call at work stating I was going to get served papers to appear in court. The gentlemen told me I could call and have them served at home.  I dialed the number he gave me and it is LVNV Funding.  Thankfully I knew that this debt had just hit the SOL and told that to the gentleman.  He continued to threaten me and told me I would be served.  So far that hasn't happened and it's been almost a month.  The OC is listed on all three reports, but under Experian it says sold to LHR Inc.  Not sure what I should do about this one.

WFF Credit Card - DOFD Oct 2007, only on TransUnion and Experian.  Shows 0 balance and account status closed.  Experian shows 120+days late.  Not sure what to do about this one. 

MCI - DOFD Sept 2007 $565 balance.  I'm thinking I should just send PFD letter.  I've tried searching for anything regarding MCI on the forum and haven't found anything.

I have had some success already with RJM Acq and West Bay Acq.  Both agreed to PFD.  I'm waiting to hear back from Berks CC and Fin Financial.  I also filed a complaint through the BBB for Midland Funding. I have a CO Tribute Mastercard that falls under the 2008 FTC ruling. My other biggest issue is my utilization.  I'm currently at 98%.  I'm working on paying down my credit card debt.  I have six small cards and a line of credit from my bank, all of which are maxed!!  I love this site and have been addicted to reading it everyday. 

Thanks!

Starting Rebuilding 4/8/16 My Fico 528
TransUnion 544
Experian 519
Equifax 529
Current TransUnion 584
Experian 630
Equifax 628
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mojobones89
Contributor

Re: How to proceed?

@jmr2012 wrote:

I've spend a lot of time recently reading through the forum and have gained a ton of knowledge.  I do however have some questions.  Any advice is appreciated.

Focus Mgmt is listed only on Experian for $920 - Direct TV OC - I have received settlement offers in the mail recently from CBE Group for this debt but haven't seen them on CR's yet.  Not sure how to proceed.  It is my most recent collection and one of the highest.  I would like to get it taken care of.

Apex Asset - have two collections both for medical.  One is from Nov 2007 and the other Oct 2012.  Should I send PFD letters separately for each account or together? 

Verizon - 2 collections, one from June 2011 for $86 and one from April 2012 for $180.  I'm guessing that I just need to pay them and try GW after.

DSRM NT BK - this was for a Valero gas card. Shows only on TransUnion and Experian.  DOFD March 2008, balance $245. I had tried in 2010 to settle the account and they told me it was sold to FMA Alliance, however I see them no where on my reports.

First Savings CC - I recently had a phone call at work stating I was going to get served papers to appear in court. The gentlemen told me I could call and have them served at home.  I dialed the number he gave me and it is LVNV Funding.  Thankfully I knew that this debt had just hit the SOL and told that to the gentleman.  He continued to threaten me and told me I would be served.  So far that hasn't happened and it's been almost a month.  The OC is listed on all three reports, but under Experian it says sold to LHR Inc.  Not sure what I should do about this one.

WFF Credit Card - DOFD Oct 2007, only on TransUnion and Experian.  Shows 0 balance and account status closed.  Experian shows 120+days late.  Not sure what to do about this one. 

MCI - DOFD Sept 2007 $565 balance.  I'm thinking I should just send PFD letter.  I've tried searching for anything regarding MCI on the forum and haven't found anything.

I have had some success already with RJM Acq and West Bay Acq.  Both agreed to PFD.  I'm waiting to hear back from Berks CC and Fin Financial.  I also filed a complaint through the BBB for Midland Funding. I have a CO Tribute Mastercard that falls under the 2008 FTC ruling. My other biggest issue is my utilization.  I'm currently at 98%.  I'm working on paying down my credit card debt.  I have six small cards and a line of credit from my bank, all of which are maxed!!  I love this site and have been addicted to reading it everyday. 

Thanks!

i would start off by paying the ones you can right away,the less derogatory marks on your CR the better,save the big balances for last becuase you will only waste time worrying about that account only whike your accounts continue to age and could have been paid off.the next thing i would do is once that is done,look at the dates see which ones are the oldest accounts to avoid a longer history of negative items on your report,not saying that ones that are only a few months arent bad but they do not look as bad as ones from past years...makes sense?continue what you are doing by contacting them to see if they can work with you or to even see if you are gaining penalties and fees to prevent you from paying without hassle.

Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: How to proceed?

The newer the collection the bigger impact on your score.  Start with the newest ones first then the older.  A collection like every other negative loses affect with age.  If you know they are your debts and can afford to PIF, you can offer a PFD.  Do you know your states SOL for debt?

Getting your utilization down will be the fastest way to improve your score. 

If the OC has sold the debt you have to work with the CA.  Legally the OC cannot take money or make decisions since they no longer own the debt.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.