Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rebuild and boost your credit score, even after Bankruptcy

tag
Beautifull
New Contributor

Re: How to rebuild and boost your credit score, even after Bankruptcy

I am a little concerned.  As I am going over my CR in detail, I find that only one cc is listed as IIB.  Now I know that it has only been a couple of weeks since I filed, but why would the BK be listed in my report as filed and no one else has updated my status as IIB?  Should I start calling my lawyer to inquire or should I wait until the BK has been discharged.  Or am I jumping the gun!!

Not really wanting to go stir crazy tonight.  I am obsessed with this site and my scores!!!! 

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: 3/14/2010 EQ 647 TU 637
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 120
anemo
Contributor

The creditors will update thier accounts, it's still fresh. They may have not received the BK paper work yet but they will update it. Just watch your credit and make sure it's updates as it should and no more then IIB is the only thing it says. No other info should be said besides that.

Some may not update and leave it as it is and never report another month. You may get lucky and the charge off come off, maybe a dispute later might help with those.

Anemo

Starting Score: 300 TU 300 EX
Current Score: 704 TU EX 700
Goal Score: 800

Message 12 of 120
Beautifull
New Contributor

Great! thanks.  I will be able to sleep tonight!!

Message 13 of 120
anemo
Contributor

This site will have you up and about, it's so much information to learn about. When you reach your goals and begin the process of looking at new cc, car loans etc check out a site called "who gave me credit" I used the site to find out what cra were pulled when I obtained credit. Like I went and got the iPhone and from the site I knew they pulled my ex so I made sure I was at the required score. You can do a search based on the company or your credit score.

anemo

Message 14 of 120
Beautifull
New Contributor

Thank you.  I will keep you informed of any new changes over the next week.  I will check back with you soon!! 

Thanks again!  Have an AWESOME weekend

Beautifull Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 120
Beautifull
New Contributor

I will try to be patient.  I have been on this forum almost nonstop, digging for information.  I am just want to make sure everything is at a $o balance and more importantly listed as IIB.  I would hate to have went through all of the filing and homework only to have to try to figure out how to get them to see that I am no longer responsible for the debt. 

From what I have been reading over the past few days, it seems as if it can be a NIGHTMARE. 

Message 16 of 120
anemo
Contributor

Remember this!

You can dispute and creditor on your report with the CRA's. If they don't comply with placing the accounts in BK wait until you get your discharge papers or in some cases you can use your petition form to send in and say these accounts are included in BK.

I would wait until I get the discharged papers and dispute with the CRA that may be a while but it's the best way. Using the petition order has some effect along with your list of creditors. After your meeting wait a few weeks to see if some updates if not start disputing it.

You can go on each CRA site and do it or my best method Call them, all they going to ask for is the petition date and case number.

Anemo

Message 17 of 120
Beautifull
New Contributor

UPDATE!!!!

As of today 2 CA have listed IIB -$6k worth of debt now listed with a $0 balance!!!  I still have quite a few that need to bee taken care of but it makes me happy to finally see some of these accounts updated.

Also my TU score has went up 16 points-TU now reporting 518, EQ is the same, but I think it is because myfico doesn't report daily.  I know it doesn't sound like much, but you should see the smile on my face and the relief I am starting to feel.

I will keep you posted :-)

Message 18 of 120
anemo
Contributor

It's the start of many more smiles..

And think we are talking about bankruptcy! But as I said before you may see some of your scores increase when the accounts report IIB. That's why I say if the BK is on your credit sometimes the impact may have occured as far as your score goes and it's the accounts that have to update. A percentage of your score is based on balances and when they go zero, the score goes up.

But we have more work ahead of us so keep watching and plainning the repair, the rebuild and the return to a better credit life.

You know there may be a chance that any negative info from a account may be removed meaning the account may have lates, charge offs etc. When it updates as IIB it may take away those lates, charge off status etc. I had an account that reported some lates in a two year period and when it went into BK all the months where removed. It removed the bad but also removed the good months and that may bring your score down so watch for that! No previous months of reporting should be removed but if it does it can help or hurt. I think that is what causes the score to drop even more but from what you said it's reporting right. That's why I say watch to make sure they update only to say IIB from that month you filed.

Send that picture of that smile anytime..

anemo

Message 19 of 120
Beautifull
New Contributor

I am hoping to turn my smile into a big full toothed grin!! Smiley Very Happy

I will continue to monitor my reports and update with any new changes.  I hope things continue on this path. 

Beautifull

Message 20 of 120
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.