Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Bally's off my credit report

tag
creditisbetter2
Contributor

How to remove Bally's off my credit report

Hello All,

I tried to find the answer by googling it but I can't seem to find anything relevant to my situation.  I checked my credit a couple of weeks ago and noticed a Bally's account was placed on my TU.  I have never opened a Bally's account and so I called Bally's corporate office and they stated it was someone else with the same last name as mine.  I disputed the account with TU but I have yet to hear back from them.  What is the time frame for them to remove something after you've disputed that it's not yours?  I even noted that I spoke with the corporate office off Bally's and it seems to be taking forever to remove this from my account. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to remove Bally's off my credit report

Hi,

Well I know it takes the credit bureau's 30 days to investigate so if you just started the investigation it can take time. However, I had the same problem with Bally's and went round and round with them.................eventually they packed up both locations and moved out of my state (ohio), and from my understanding of the corporate offices the membership records were kept at the individual offices which no one could ever give me a signed agreement of the membership contract no matter how many times I requested validation. So I ended up disputing with all 3 credit bureau's and they deleted it. So I would also check if there is in fact a Bally's left in your state, because it could be the same scenerio as mines, and it was very painless to get them removed with the credit bureau's.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.