Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Medical Bills Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to remove Medical Bills Collections

Hey everyone,  I'm new to this forum and I have a quick question. Please accept my apology if this is the wrong area to post the question. I read some mesgs but didnt get the answer I was looking for so here goes.

I have past medical collections that date back to when i was without insurance bc i was in a process of transfering jobs and then a short time when i was unemployed. it racked up a couple here and there. I'd like to know how do i go abouts to take care of it and have it removed? I'd like to do it the right way, the first time. I'm not sure what the procedures are so if anyone can give me any advice, I'll be grateful. I am also looking into working with a credit repair guy and figure that if i can do some myself, that would be great.  Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: How to remove Medical Bills Collections

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

Learn the common abbreviations, you may use the link below.

Start with pulling your FREE CR's from (ACR) annualcreditreport.com. they tend to have more info on them, then ones from a 3rd party.The CR's from ACR, come directly from each of the CRA's. You can pull 1 Free CR from TU,EQ and EX every 12 months.

Then come back here to get advice about your CR's.

Are all your medical collections with CA's?  How old are the debts?

Are they paid or unpaid?  If unpaid, do you have the funds to pay them now?

Where did you get your credit scores? are they FICO scores?

I would suggest reading the stickys at the top of this board, starting with  The Son Of Credit Scoring 101.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.