Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove collections from credit report

tag
Boribori
Contributor

How to remove collections from credit report

I have 3 recent collections on my credit report that are medical. I also have an old Amex too back from 2013 PIF. The other 3 are not. Is there a way to get these collections removed from my credit report? Any success or tips? I know the 7 year rule. I also know that if I were to pay the accounts off it would show PIF. That's not what I want. I want it removed. And yes, I will be willing to pay it off to get t removed. But if it's going to have a negative effect on my report paid or not, I'm not going to concern myself with it until extra cash pops up. And yes, because of that statement I will also not plan on applying for anything credit related.

Total Credit Limit : $29,600
4 REPLIES 4
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to remove collections from credit report

Lots of medical collections will do a courtesy removal if you ask when you call to pay
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 2 of 5
Boribori
Contributor

So. Ask them to remove if paid? Basically?

Total Credit Limit : $29,600
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boribori wrote:
So. Ask them to remove if paid? Basically?

Yeah, but specifically mention that you want a "Pay for Delete" (PFD).

Send it in writing, with a certified returned by mail notice. Unless under very rare circumstances, always communicate with them in writing. If they call, tell them nicely that you will only communicate via mail.

PFD's are the way to go.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you can get the debt paid via insurance, then the CRA will remove the medical collection with no approval or involvement of the debt collector under the new policy set forth in their National Consumer Assistance Plan.

Have you exhausted all efforts to get the debt paid via insurance?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.