Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove old information from my history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to remove old information from my history

Hello,  I've spent a couple of hours looking for the answer to my question on the Boards.  I'm sure it's here somewhere but I can't find it.

I have some negative reports (past due) from 1988, 2002 & 2003.  I thought CRTP was 7 years.

Can I have these removed, and how do I do that?

Thanks!  Eastenderann

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to remove old information from my history

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,  I've spent a couple of hours looking for the answer to my question on the Boards.  I'm sure it's here somewhere but I can't find it.

I have some negative reports (past due) from 1988, 2002 & 2003.  I thought CRTP was 7 years.

Can I have these removed, and how do I do that?

Thanks!  Eastenderann

Hello and welcome to myFICO.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Do you mean that late payments or some other type of derogatory associated with these accounts are still reporting?

Or are all the derogatories gone but the accounts themselves are still there? If this is the case you don't want those accounts removed. If they are in good standing they continue to help you. 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Each type of prior derog has its own individual credit report deletion date.

Monthly delinquencies that occured on an original creditor account remain until after 7 years from their individual date of delinquency.

Charge-offs and collections remain until after 7 1/2 years from date of first delinquency (DOFD) on the related OC account.

Message 3 of 9
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

The time that a negative account can report until depends on WHEN the account actually went deliquent and NEVER brought current again.

EQ and TU goes by 7 years of the date of first delinquency, EQ goes by 7 years plus 180 days.

If the account was CO and paid it will report 7 -7 yrs +180 days from the date paid.

If they were that far back and they are still reporting as negatives then dispute them as too old to be on file

Message 4 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

+1 to what is above

Just to add some negative information has the possibility to stay on your reports longer then the 7-7.5 years. Examples Chapter 7 BK, unpaid liens, unpaid judgements, Federal Student Loans.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The date that any account first went delinquent, and was never brought back into curent, good standing (DOFD)  has nothing to do with when and what can be reported to your credit file.  Parties dont report a negative account, they report each and every delinquency or derog under their account.  DOFD is totally irrelevant to prior reporting of monthly delinquencies on an OC account that occured prior to any CO or reporting of a CA by a debt collector. DOFD is not even a requried reporting to a CRA until after the OC has done a CO or assigned their debt for collection.  FCRA 623(a)(5)(A).  It simply has no actual relevancy unless associated with a CO or CA..

DOFD is only relevant to a CRA in their computaion of when they must cease inclusion of reporting of a CO or CA in your CR. 

If information remains in your credit report after the 7 of 7 1/2 periods set forth in FCRA 605(a), then any dispute of this inclusion is to the CRA for violation of FCRA 605(a), and not a dispute of reporting of that information to your credit file by the creditor or debt collector.  Such a dispute is not disputing  the accuracy of the information, and is thus not grounds for a dispute wiith the CRA under FCRA 611(a), or a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8). wth the party who posted the information.

It is, rather, by way of dspute with the CRA for their continued inclusion of restricted information under FCRA 605(a) in a credot report they have issued.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning, and thank you for your reply. 

What I meant is that I was 30 days late in paying the accounts mentioned.  I did pay them, but they were late.  They are still reporting as deroggatories on my CR though it is much past the 7 - 7.5 years.

What type of letter do I send to each company to ask them to stop reporting the derogs?

Thank you so very much.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your reply.   Can you also tell me how I file sad dispute with the CRA?

Message 8 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning, and thank you for your reply. 

What I meant is that I was 30 days late in paying the accounts mentioned.  I did pay them, but they were late.  They are still reporting as deroggatories on my CR though it is much past the 7 - 7.5 years.

What type of letter do I send to each company to ask them to stop reporting the derogs?

Thank you so very much.

When was the late?

BTW, generally, 30 day lates past 2 years stop impacting your FICO score. If this is the only derog, I'd do nothing. I'd be more afraid of losing a TL that's over 7 years old more than anything.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.