Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to respond to DV

tag
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

How to respond to DV

I sent a DV to IC Systems. This is for an account w/ Kindercare. I did use this service but I do not believe I owe anything. I took my kids out and moved them elsewhere. Months later they said I owed them money. I had disputed this in the past w/ Kindercare but it was never resolved. At the time I didn't care about my credit so I ignored it. Fast forward, I sent a DV on this account and I received a response. It states that they are unable to locate my account w/out further information. They are requesting account and reference numbers which I do not have. I actually have zero correspondence or info besides what was supplied on my CR. How should I respond? I want to get this resolved and off my CR. 

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: How to respond to DV

@Kennie02 wrote:

I sent a DV to IC Systems. This is for an account w/ Kindercare. I did use this service but I do not believe I owe anything. I took my kids out and moved them elsewhere. Months later they said I owed them money. I had disputed this in the past w/ Kindercare but it was never resolved. At the time I didn't care about my credit so I ignored it. Fast forward, I sent a DV on this account and I received a response. It states that they are unable to locate my account w/out further information. They are requesting account and reference numbers which I do not have. I actually have zero correspondence or info besides what was supplied on my CR. How should I respond? I want to get this resolved and off my CR. 

i am s 
i am sure someoen else can help more with this but it sounds to me like they can not validate the debt. In turn for not being able to validate it they are requesting the information from you. I would wait until the validation deadline and request the tl to be deleted due to no dv..i believe its 60 days
Message 2 of 5
dursty87
Established Contributor

What info did you originally provide to them in your DV letter?

Message 3 of 5
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

I agree. I don't think that I should have to provide them more information that what is on my CR.

Ssondubs, I provided my basic info along with the partial account number that is listed on the CR. They are asking me to provide info from any correspondence I have received from them which is none. I have not received a letter or anything from them.
NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 4 of 5
dursty87
Established Contributor

You have provided enough info. It's their job to validate not yours.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.