Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to respond to this GW response?

tag
James82
Regular Contributor

How to respond to this GW response?

Looking for a little help on how (or if I should) reply to this. I sent this letter out 10-11-13.

To Whom it may concern,

I recently pulled my credit reports and noticed my account was reported 30 days late in September 2012. I do not recall being late on this account, but since it was some time ago it could have happened.

If the late pay reporting is correct, then I would like to ask whether JB Robinson would consider making a goodwill adjustment to its reporting to the credit bureaus and remove the late pay reporting from this account. I know this is probably a somewhat unusual request, and I ask you to consider my overall good shopping and payment history with JB Robinson rather than one late payment. I’ve been a happy and loyal customer for over 10 years, since 2001 and only have this (1) negative mark on all of my cards.

My wife and I are will be shopping for a mortgage soon and this is the only negative that is currently hurting our credit.

I enjoy shopping at JB Robinson and have been extremely happy with the service I’ve had over the last 10+ years. I hope that this is something you are willing to help with.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

James

Yesterday I recieved this letter in the mail from them.

Dear James,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Care Department. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We received your request to modify how we are currently reporting your JB ROBINSON JEWELERS credit account to the three Credit Reporting Agencies.

In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, we can only modify or delete information we are reporting that has been determined to be in error. We are not able to make "Good Will" adjustments.

We have reviewed how we are reporting your credit account and have determined that we are reporting accurately.

I apologize that we cannot accomodate your request.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-877-3616

Sincerely:

XXXXXX

Customer Care Representative

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

Starting Score: EQ 574 - 08.28.13
High Score: EQ 714 (10/18/13) EX 686 (1/6/14) TU 664 (1/6/14)
Current Score: EQ 686 - EX ____- TU ____

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
denver133
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to respond to this GW response?

This is what RobertEG said to me.   I would reword it to work iwth your situation.  

"

Theri real reason is most likely that they are complying with the administrative policy of the CRAs that furnishers are not to deleter prior reporting based on payment of the debt.  They may be concerned, and rightfully so, that deletion would jeopardize their credit reporing agreement.

I would simply remind them that reporting of deletion does not require that they provide and reason to the CRA, and that continued showing in your CR of a CO implies to others that you let your debts become uncollectible, with no intent to pay.  The fact that you did pay demonstrates that is not your mindset, and thus deltion of the CO would more accurately reflect upon you as a consumer.  Paint the picture of deletion actually promoting accuracy of reporting by removing a comment (reporting of a CO) that in essence says they have determined that you stiff your debts."

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.