Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set my goal...

tag
SirTilus
Contributor

How to set my goal...

So I've been working on my credit for about a month now and feel that I've make some good progress so far. With the exception of the crazy drop I got for TU, I'm lingering around the 530,540 range. What is a realistic goal that I should set for end of this month or maybe end of year? I'm thinking 600 or 650 by the end of December? Idk lol....who is setting a monthly goal and how are you determining the magic number?

KT
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to set my goal...

@SirTilus wrote:
So I've been working on my credit for about a month now and feel that I've make some good progress so far. With the exception of the crazy drop I got for TU, I'm lingering around the 530,540 range. What is a realistic goal that I should set for end of this month or maybe end of year? I'm thinking 600 or 650 by the end of December? Idk lol....who is setting a monthly goal and how are you determining the magic number?

KT

I don't set score goals - too difficult, IMHO. Instead just set a monthly goal of staying current on all obligations and working on trying to negotiate PFDs on collections and charge offs. Set aside time each month for writing GW letters to get paid items removed.

Have you gotten current active credit accounts started yet? 

Message 2 of 3
SirTilus
Contributor

Re: How to set my goal...

I kind of felt the same way about score goals. Just couldn't figure out who to come up with the number. So far I've been successful with getting letters responded to and end results were positive. Got a few more baddies to work on and will be doing that this morning to send out tomorrow. As far as current credit active, my opensky is reported to EQ but I haven't seen anything on the other two CRA. My Cap1 finally getting sent out to me so hopefully that should be reporting soon, not sure how long they normally take. My fingerhut is fresh start so wont be reporting anytime soon. How can I get the opensky to report to TU and EX?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.