Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to settle collections??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to settle collections??

Hello everybody. I am wondering how to settle my final collections and would appreciate any and all of the feedback I can get. I currently have several items in collections that I am ready to tackle in preparation for a mortgage to come this summer or fall. I have a collection from

• Charter cable company for $201.00 that shows on all 3 of my reports.
  • T-mobile that shows on all 3 reports settled in full and due to fall off in June of this year. 
  • OAC-medical collections for 191.00and another for $43.00 that shows on all 3 reports
  • Midwest Emergency Dept medical for $356.00 that shows on Experian only

I am ready to settle these debts but I am not sure how to go about doing it so any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to settle collections??

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everybody. I am wondering how to settle my final collections and would appreciate any and all of the feedback I can get. I currently have several items in collections that I am ready to tackle in preparation for a mortgage to come this summer or fall. I have a collection from

• Charter cable company for $201.00 that shows on all 3 of my reports. Attempt the PFD

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

• T-mobile that shows on all 3 reports settled in full and due to fall off in June of this year. Call the CRAs and ask for the early exclusion

• OAC-medical collections for 191.00and another for $43.00 that shows on all 3 reports
  • Midwest Emergency Dept medical for $356.00 that shows on Experian only

For medical debt:

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

I am ready to settle these debts but I am not sure how to go about doing it so any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to settle collections??

Thanks for the advice and sample letters gdale6. I will be working on this bright and early Monday morning!!!!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.