Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start repairing credit due to one BIG baddie

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to start repairing credit due to one BIG baddie

Hello, 

I have ONE REALLY BIG BADDIE on my credit report and the way it's being reported is hurting my score Terribly.  I had to let my home get foreclosed on in 2008/09 I use both dates as the first date of default was May 2008 and they actually sold it in 2009.   I was unable to pay the excess owed to the bank however the SOL legally is past here in Florida.   The mortgage is reporting twice on my reports, once as foreclosed with no balance and again as a  mortgage not a collection account open and every month it's reported 120 days past due this is what is killing my score according to everything I've read.  It should be falling off this year completely however I noticed the second open but 120 late account fell off my EQ last month only to be put back on but now does not list a 2008 date of default but a 2013!!   

I am freaking out here I have plans to buy a house in the next year or two and need to figure out how to get this account off my report as it should be by the end of this year. 

Any advice on where to start. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to start repairing credit due to one BIG baddie

Better advice is to come, I'm sure. IMO, though, send a letter to the bank outlining the error and stating they need to remove it. If they don't, I'd go straight to the CFPB, as the CRAs will most likely offer no assistance.

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to start repairing credit due to one BIG baddie

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, 

I have ONE REALLY BIG BADDIE on my credit report and the way it's being reported is hurting my score Terribly.  I had to let my home get foreclosed on in 2008/09 I use both dates as the first date of default was May 2008 and they actually sold it in 2009.   I was unable to pay the excess owed to the bank however the SOL legally is past here in Florida.   The mortgage is reporting twice on my reports, once as foreclosed with no balance and again as a  mortgage not a collection account open and every month it's reported 120 days past due this is what is killing my score according to everything I've read.  It should be falling off this year completely however I noticed the second open but 120 late account fell off my EQ last month only to be put back on but now does not list a 2008 date of default but a 2013!!   

I am freaking out here I have plans to buy a house in the next year or two and need to figure out how to get this account off my report as it should be by the end of this year. 

Any advice on where to start. 

The DoFD sets the CRTP clock running, the most it can report is 7.5 yrs from that date, it is illegal to change the DoFD and if its been done and you can prove the original I would be sending and ITS (intent to sue) letter for FCRA violations, you can look up the actual section to quote. I would be absolutely sure is past SOL before you send the letter. The mortgage can report twice its legal for the OC and the CA to report at the same time. You can also ask the CRAs for an early exclusion inside 6 months for TU and 2-3 months on the other 2 bureaus.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.