Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tackle these problems

tag
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

How to tackle these problems

I have 3 problems that i'm debating on whether or not i should do anything for.

I have a Calvary collections account with Date of First Delinquincy of 6/2006.

I have a NCS collections account with Date of First Delinquincy of 6/2006.

Those will obviously be reaching the end of their life in the next year or so.

I also have a two Public Judgements....an eviction....in back to back months...from the same apartment place.  Not sure how you get evicted from the same place twice in consecutive months (but i guess i should've done due dilligence back then).  Nonetheless, those are for 3/2006.  Dunno what the SOL is for those.

Any suggestions for each?  Do those agencies consider different options like PFD's since it's getting close to the end of the CRA timeframe?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to tackle these problems

@basballguy wrote:

I have 3 problems that i'm debating on whether or not i should do anything for.

I have a Calvary collections account with Date of First Delinquincy of 6/2006.

I have a NCS collections account with Date of First Delinquincy of 6/2006.

Those will obviously be reaching the end of their life in the next year or so.

I also have a two Public Judgements....an eviction....in back to back months...from the same apartment place.  Not sure how you get evicted from the same place twice in consecutive months (but i guess i should've done due dilligence back then).  Nonetheless, those are for 3/2006.  Dunno what the SOL is for those.

Any suggestions for each?  Do those agencies consider different options like PFD's since it's getting close to the end of the CRA timeframe?

On the two CAs, I personally would send a DV. If they verified and I agreed, then I'd send a PFD. Of course you'd want to check to see if it is out of SOL. Probably is but worth a look. In any case, they'll delete next year as mentioned.

SOL is the time frame a creditor has to sue. You've been sued on the lease. Now a new SOL kicks in from the date of judgment and that SOL is the time frame a plaintiff has to collect on the money via a garnishment, levy, etc. . You'd have to dive into your state's laws to see what that SOL is. In many states, it is 10 years, but YMMV. In California for example, it is 10 years from the date of judgment and then a plaintiff can renew the judgment for another 10 years making it 20 in total. I would certainly pay this. Some in  here have successully removed a judgment by paying it and asking the plaintiff's attorney to motion the court to have it vacated, resulting in a deletion most of the time. A PFD won't work because the creditor isn't reporting the judgment. The court is reporting that.

Message 2 of 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to tackle these problems

+1  Judgements are a different duck.  I think you should concentrate on that first.  Pay off the judgement, then contact the court where it was filed and ask about their method of having it vacated or set aside.  Different courts have different rules.  Doesn't hurt to ask.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.