cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell DOFD, or when an account will drop off credit report?

tag
mintons
Established Member

How to tell DOFD, or when an account will drop off credit report?

I have a question, I am looking at a myFICO report pulled for Transunion that I ordered through here, and am trying to determine when certain accounts will drop off my credit files.  From what I have read through this forum, is that you look at the date of First Major Delinquency right?  However, the report out does not necessarily call that out?  For instance, here are the only categories of dates on my file I just pulled:

Status as of:  4/2011

Date Opened:  1/2004

Date of Las Activity:  10/2007

Date Closed:  2/2007

Those are the only "DATES" listed on the report.  Is it the date of last activity???

If none of those dates are the ones that I need to be looking at, then how do I obtain the dates if they are not listed on the report?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How to tell DOFD, or when an account will drop off credit report?

I presume that this is an OC account.

OC accounts dont drop based on any date.  What drops are individual adverse items reported under the account, which become excluded after certain periods of time.

See FCRA 605(a) for definitions of what becomes excluded, and when.

OC accounts only become excluded from your credit report in one of two ways..... either the creditor voluntarily reports its deletion, or the CRA deletes the account once it has been closed for approx ten years. 

For an OC account, the usual derogs that are subject to credit report exclusion are monthly delinquencies and a charge-off, if reported.

Monthly delinquencies become excluded no later that 7 years after their dates of occurence.

A charge-off becomes excluded no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the date of first delinquency.

If a collection also has reported, the collection will becomes excluded no later than 7 years plus 180 days from that same date of first delinquency.

Any other dates, such as date of last activity or date of first major delinquency, are irrelevant to credit report exclusion.

Message 2 of 4
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@mintons wrote:

I have a question, I am looking at a myFICO report pulled for Transunion that I ordered through here, and am trying to determine when certain accounts will drop off my credit files.  From what I have read through this forum, is that you look at the date of First Major Delinquency right?  However, the report out does not necessarily call that out?  For instance, here are the only categories of dates on my file I just pulled:

Status as of:  4/2011

Date Opened:  1/2004

Date of Las Activity:  10/2007

Date Closed:  2/2007

Those are the only "DATES" listed on the report.  Is it the date of last activity???

If none of those dates are the ones that I need to be looking at, then how do I obtain the dates if they are not listed on the report?

Thanks!

I know that you mentioned your TU credit report, but have you looked on EQ or EX to retrieve the info?  The DOFD may be on the other reports.

Current FICOs: (11-02-15) EQ- 623 (628) / EX- 643 / TU- 679
Starting FICOs: (May 2014) Low to mid 500s (all 3 bureaus)
GOAL: As HIGH as possible! All 3 FICOs above 680/700 will be NICE!!!
Total Credit Limits- $104,120
Message 3 of 4
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

The Transunion Report directly from Transunion will have an "Estimated month and year that this item will be removed:" line.  Or, you can call.  It's likely you won't see this on the Summary report here or even the updated reports sent by TU.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.