cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to time out my applications for credit for the best benefit during a rebuild?

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to time out my applications for credit for the best benefit during a rebuild?

@Anonymous wrote:

What type of requirements does Walmart use in their credit decisions?  What is the best store card for my one store card?

You can check the credit pulls database and Who gave me credit to see what score was need to approve, most of the scores reported are actual Ficos. You can google for both of these databases. The best store card for you is one that you will actually use on a regular basis.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to time out my applications for credit for the best benefit during a rebuild?

That's great information.  Should I wait until my Capital One posts to my credit reports to apply.  I am sure that an additional credit line would bring up my scores?

Message 12 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

That's great information.  Should I wait until my Capital One posts to my credit reports to apply.  I am sure that an additional credit line would bring up my scores?

I would wait for it to report as you are liable to receive a Fico score bump for the 2nd open revolver reporting.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

One other question about your previous statement to not go with Wells Fargo. Is there a reason for getting a second Capital One instead?  This is all pretty new to me. I haven't had a credit card in since 2010.

Message 14 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

One other question about your previous statement to not go with Wells Fargo. Is there a reason for getting a second Capital One instead?  This is all pretty new to me. I haven't had a credit card in since 2010.

Cap-1 is more likely to approve than WF. WF treats their CC portfolio as an afterthought, their offerings are not very good and they can be  hard to deal with as evidenced by multiple threads in the CC forum. If you have a good relationship with a credit manager at your local office you can bring that prequal and have them submit the app and help to get its approval. I personally would not do business with WF in the credit card arena.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gdale6-Do you agree that I need to cancel Credit One immediately, as was posted just a few hours ago by another contributor?  I was set to pay it to zero before it closed to statement, and they won't let you pay more than 4 times in 30 days.  I wasn't planning on using anymore other than to just keep it open.  Should I pay this off and close it, or will it hurt me with just 3 months of on time payments?

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to clarify, I would only close it AFTER getting another account to replace it.

Message 17 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Gdale6-Do you agree that I need to cancel Credit One immediately, as was posted just a few hours ago by another contributor?  I was set to pay it to zero before it closed to statement, and they won't let you pay more than 4 times in 30 days.  I wasn't planning on using anymore other than to just keep it open.  Should I pay this off and close it, or will it hurt me with just 3 months of on time payments?

As Norman has responded below your post you want to have another card opened to replace it before you close it out. I dont like Credit One but if they are not charging you a monthly fee I would leave it open until the next AF becomes due. Real human underwriters do look at opening and quickly closing a CC as a negative (UWs typically consider any account to be new prior to its 7th month) but ultimately it is your choice. I will tell you that Fico doesnt consider an account to be mature until it reaches its 25th month but I would not recommend you keep a card with an AF just to get to the 2 year mark of reporting.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate all the clarification you have given me.  I will apply for another Capital One when the Quicksilver posts and updates my Util.  Credit One doesn't charge me a monthly fee, so I will keep it for now.  If the early exclusion options work for me, in the next few months I will only show one HSBC card with 60 days late from 2011. That should really help me even more.  2/CO and the collections for those accounts to fall off in the next 5 months. One repo from 2008 already fell off of Transunion.  I'm so close.

Thanks again.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.