cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update Adress and Phone # on Credit Report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to update Adress and Phone # on Credit Report?

Hey guys so I need to update my address and phone number on my credit report.

What is the fastest way to do so? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Re: How to update Adress and Phone # on Credit Report?

Just update it with all of your creditors and the next time they report the new address will report as well. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys so I need to update my address and phone number on my credit report.

What is the fastest way to do so? 

I did this in late March after I pulled all 3 on myfreecreditreport.com...I went on line to each CRA online and I disputed any wrong personal info (I had some wrong spellings, wrong address & old cell #s even my age on EQ)

With each one, the dispute filed page for personal info said "unable to complete..please call this #..so I did

EQ rep was great, he checked to see if any credit had been issued under wrong spelling of name (none) and removed, he also corrected my birth date (they had me 2 yrs older, he removed old cell # and added new and he removed wrong addys. No documents needed

EX rep same experience as EQ

TU..pain in the "tater", I had to fax her my birth certificate, proof of addy, marriage license and write out a formal request to "update" any other personal information and requesting any wrong addresses & phone numbers be removed. They did it, I got the "dispute resolution" correcting all my info within 3 wks

I hope that helps...Good Luck

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@

do u still have the numbers for exp and equifax i could call?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.