Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will judgment affect score????

tag
kaybub
New Contributor

How will judgment affect score????

I guess when you try to get things in order, bad things are bound to happen. There is a creditor that will take me to court tomorrow to get a judgment against me. What will the impact be on an already below par (CK 555) score? I called the creditor and set up payment arrangements, but they are telling me that they still are going to court because it is their policy. Also how long does it usually take to show up on the credit report? Should I app for Secured CC's prior to this happening?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How will judgment affect score????

@kaybub wrote:

I guess when you try to get things in order, bad things are bound to happen. There is a creditor that will take me to court tomorrow to get a judgment against me. What will the impact be on an already below par (CK 555) score? I called the creditor and set up payment arrangements, but they are telling me that they still are going to court because it is their policy. Also how long does it usually take to show up on the credit report? Should I app for Secured CC's prior to this happening?

Depends on how long it takes to report, some never do.. Pay off the debt in full prior to going into the courtroom and demand the suit be dropped, if its paid there is nothing to adjudicate. CK is a FAKO and there is no way to tell you how many points this will cost you for FICO either, it would be a new PR if it hits your CR, if you already have PRs its effect might not be much at all... You can try to get a few secured cards if that is what you need to have happen to get your rebuild on its journey. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
kaybub
New Contributor

Re: How will judgment affect score????

There is no way that I can pay by tomorrow and I currently do not have any public records. Sooo....I guess it will hurt!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.