Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will this affect me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How will this affect me?

I have been working at cleaning up our reports. I have for collections on each of my reports that I paid off earlier in the year. I have a Chase that is in charge off and has a balance. I will be paying them soon. My husband has two paid collections and a Target CO with balance. As long as we pay the two accounts with balances will we see any improvement in score?

Unfortunately the collections are PRA and Midland and I can't get them to delete even with GW.

Right now we are both lingering around 600.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How will this affect me?

Paying a collection will more than likely not lead to any increase in scoring. It may even cause a loss of a few points as the collection will update its status to paid. Gotta get a PFD to ensure that this negative item will be removed, which is where the score increase will come from.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been working at cleaning up our reports. I have for collections on each of my reports that I paid off earlier in the year. I have a Chase that is in charge off and has a balance. I will be paying them soon. My husband has two paid collections and a Target CO with balance. As long as we pay the two accounts with balances will we see any improvement in score?

Unfortunately the collections are PRA and Midland and I can't get them to delete even with GW.

Right now we are both lingering around 600.

Paying the collections may not affect scoring but paying those CO that have a balance WILL have a positive effect on your scores.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Not only can paying while still with the OC improve scoring of % util, it can also avoid additon of a collection should the OC either assign collection authority to a debt collector or outright sell the debt.

It is not only about improving current score, there are also possble further negative impacts that may be avoided.......

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.