cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will this improve my credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How will this improve my credit score?

Well...

The $0 balance on my Target CC was finally updated on TU when I updated my Truecredit report today, but it's still not showing on EQ. It didn't even affect my score either. Smiley Sad

I haven't been notified on my Score Watch either.

Why would it update on TU, but not EQ? Any ideas?!

Message 11 of 25
mattmil
New Contributor

because EQ is very slow with everything -- and they take the longest to raise your score. 
6/27/09 -- TU FICO = 560 EQ FICO = 498
7/10/09 -- TU FICO = 668 EQ FICO = 577
7/23/09 -- TU FICO = 668 EQ FICO = 630
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply!

That bites though! Hopefully everything will be updated when I can access all three reports again on 08/05. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I think I need a support group for nervous, impatient nail-biters who are going through the same thing I am!

Message 13 of 25
mattmil
New Contributor

lol -- you've found the support group -- it's called myfico.com!  We've all experienced the anxiety and frustration.  It's a long slow process and I know it's hard to be patient.  What keeps me going is reading about all the success stories people have had in  a relatively short amount of time.
Message 14 of 25
mocha76
Contributor

mattmil, how did you get your scores up so high and so fast?!?!?! Wow, congratulations!!

CH13 BK discharged 4/17 Starting Scores 4/17 EQ 579 TU 502 EX 504 9/17 EQ 662 TU 640 EX 670

NC SECU/$1,500, Lowe's/$1,000, Capital One QS/$750
Message 15 of 25
mattmil
New Contributor

thanks!  Here's what I did to move my scores up:

1.  Paid down all CC balances to $0

2.  Disputed a recent 30 day late payment and won (deleted from CR)

3.  Disputed several OCs and won. (deleted from. CR)

4.  Opened an installment loan with USAA a year and half ago (had to get a CD secured loan)

5.  Opened a secured card 2 years ago -- never late.

6 . Opened 3 unsecured cards over the last year and a half -- never late.

7. Paid all OCs that I owed.

What I'm doing now is following in the footsteps of people in these forums -- working to delete all baddies from my CR.  I have disputes going with EQ and TU at this time.  Whatever doesn't get deleted from the online reports I will hit up with DVs and then GW letters and the HIPPA process for one account.  I think you can make the quickest gains through deletion of baddies.

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE - and I am in absolute SHOCK!!!!Smiley Surprised

I just checked my TrueCredit report and FAKO score and was excited then upset.

My TU credit report updated the following:

• My IC System CA was finally deleted
  • I had some 30 day lates removed
  • The balance on WAM were finally showing a $0 balance - but not deleted (so that's my next phone call!)
  • And when I checked my FAKO score it went DOWN 2 points!

I was so upset I immediately came here to buy my REAL TU score and was even more shocked, but in a good way!! My Fico score went up 27 points to 650!!!! I'm so excited and I just can't believe it!!!

The "glass is half empty" side of me is waiting for the other shoe to drop and for something bad to happen, but I'm too excited right now and will Scarlet O'Hara it until tomorrow. Now I just wish EQ would hurry up and update!

Thanks to everyone for all the advice on this board, I never could have done it without all of the help found in here!

07/17/09: TU - 650!!!!Smiley Very Happy   WOOOOHOOOO!!!!

EQ- 592 - STILL!!! Update already!!

07/14/09: TU - 623

EQ- 592(STILL!)

07/08/09: TU - 605

EQ- 592

Message 17 of 25
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Congrats on the successes!  This is certainly a bit of a roller coaster ride, but just like with a novel...  it's not much fun unless there is a little suspense and drama.  Smiley Happy

In the end, it will be worth it.

Message 18 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

sherristrait wrote:

I was so upset I immediately came here to buy my REAL TU score and was even more shocked, but in a good way!! My Fico score went up 27 points to 650!!!! I'm so excited and I just can't believe it!!!

Yet another reason to ignore FAKOs. Congrats!

Message 19 of 25
mattmil
New Contributor

Haha -- th esame just happened to me -- I pulled my score at credit Karma and it said it was 596.  Knowing they pull from TU I immediately came here and ordered my TU FICO which was 668.  FAKO scores are truly worthless in every sense of the word.  I'm convinced that FAKOs offer absolutely zero insight into what your actual score are.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.