Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would you proceed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would you proceed?

I have a TL from Credit Collection Services on my CR stating that I owe Progressive Insurance $400.  Note: I cancelled my insurance with Progressive 2 years ago and was paid current at the time.  I then changed companies and have been with the new company since.

Now, I have previously disputed this TL with the CRA and it is marked "disputed by customer".  I never sent a DV to Credit Collection Services.  However, they have contacted me and this time I received a notice from them.  On the notice it has "Tips to reconcile the amount displayed on this notice"   One of the tips reads as such:

Have you called the customer service line on your creditor's billing statement to understand the amount displayed on this notice?

As a matter of fact I did indeed call Progressive.  I told them my name, address, ssn#, the state I live in.  And guess what...they have no record of me owing money!  They said if I could call them back with an account number then maybe they could find it.  Evidently it has been purged from their system.

Should I ask the CA to validate this account?  They are the only ones reporting it. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How would you proceed?

I'd DV them (assuming you have the $$$ to PIF or SOL expired).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.