Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would you respond to this.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would you respond to this.

Hi, 

So I've sent an email to the CEO of Discover regarding moving the tradeline from my CR's. 

Here is a response:

Thank you for your recent email addressed to David Nelms, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Discover Financial Services regarding adverse reports reflected on your credit file.  To ensure your concerns are addressed as efficiently as possible, your letter has been referred to my attention at the Executive Office of Customer Advocacy at Discover.   As a member of the Customer Advocacy Group, I have the primary responsibility of researching and responding to inquiries on behalf of the officers and executives of our organization.

While we appreciate your patronage and empathize with any circumstances which prevented you from making a payment, we are unable to comply with your request to remove or alter the credit history previously reported to the credit bureau agencies for your account.  The Fair Credit Reporting Act, or FCRA, governs the information that is reported to credit bureau agencies. This act sets specific requirements on what information should be reported, and how the information is used by credit agencies.

Please understand that we have a contractual obligation to report truthful and accurate credit history to be used by other creditors and Discover for determination of a consumer's credit worthiness.  Inaccurate credit reporting directly impairs this process.  The credit bureau reporting agencies we report to are:

Trans Union                 Equifax                   Experian                   Innovis

PO Box 1000              PO Box 740241       PO Box 2002            PO Box 1689

Chester PA 19022      Atlanta GA 30374   Allen TX 75013 Pittsburgh PA 15230

1-800-916-8800            1-800-685-1111        1-888-397-3742          1-800-540-2505

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at the telephone number below.

XXX-XXX-XXXX

Should I wait a few weeks before sending a follow-up email or should I try a different angle? Anyone had success with Discover? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: How would you respond to this.

It's obvious you will not get help from this direction. Potentially, sending out a goodwill letter for deletion is the next step. Try searching these threads for possible success stories with Discover. If there are some, I'm sure people have posted about their success.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How would you respond to this.

Perhaps a personal call asking for a one-time exception, with a few well-concocted crocodile tears.........

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.