Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hubby better then me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hubby better then me

So been digging ourselves out of the hole we dug when the economy tanked. I have learned a lot from here. We went a few months back and had a consult about buying our first home. I was told with some small work I could do it. My husband though had scores that were too low and not likely to recover enough to be on the mortgage.

I have opened some new accounts and have 4 stubborn CA that are paid that won't go away. With new accounts and inquiries I have dropped a little in score.

Hubbys scores are now higher then mine and almost in approval range. For some reason all his derogatory accounts love falling off randomly.

Unfortunately I'm the one with all the income.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hubby better then me

So your scores have now dropped below approval range? It sounds like you're both now in a better place to do just a little more work and get both of you on the loan, which is ideal anyway to not have to worry about DTI. I'm in the same boat. My income is 2x my husband's but he has better credit than I do and he has the VA loan ability and I don't. I worked hard like crazy to get collections off my report. Then stupidly I let student loans fall out of deferment and didn't get them back in in time and ended up being late in March so that's so fresh it's impacting my scores a lot. No amount of good will letters have worked for me. I was able to pfd one collection, but 3 others remain and aren't going anywhere. Keep at it, you're very close!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hubby better then me

I just found it funny that the LO thought we couldn't get him up there and by circumstance of how the OC's and CA are treating him is looking pretty good. I consolidated our student loans so waiting still to see what that does.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.