Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hudson and Keyes collection agency is out of business

tag
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

Hudson and Keyes collection agency is out of business

I had a collection item on my reports from this collection agency, it was due to fall off around 10/2012. I got an alert a few days ago from scorewatch that my fico score had increased, so i go to check my Equifax report and noticed that this collection item had been deleted 2 years early!!!! So i did a little research on this company and found out they filed for chapter 7 and are out of business. I knew something was fishy because i fought them for about 4 months straight about getting this collection deleted and they would not budge.  Also, i have a public record from them showing because of this same account (everything was paid).  My question is this.........Is there a way i can get the public record removed since they are no longer in business, or is it impossible because these are court records? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Hudson and Keyes collection agency is out of business

What was the public notice that was reported? 

Message 2 of 5
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

What was the public notice that was reported? 

They got a judgement against me

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A judgment is a court order, and thus its designation as a "public record." 

It would appear to me that if the prevailing party in the judgment has subsequently gone out of business, that might affect your continuing obligation on any unpaid portion of the judgment, but I dont see how it would affect the deletion of the judgment itsef from your CR. 

Maybe a motion for vacating the judgment filed back before the court?

Message 4 of 5
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

Yea i kinda figured that,  but i was hoping there was some kind of loophole or way to challenge it.  Oh well never hurts to ask. Appreciate it!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.