Regular Contributor

Hudson and Keyes collection agency is out of business

I had a collection item on my reports from this collection agency, it was due to fall off around 10/2012. I got an alert a few days ago from scorewatch that my fico score had increased, so i go to check my Equifax report and noticed that this collection item had been deleted 2 years early!!!! So i did a little research on this company and found out they filed for chapter 7 and are out of business. I knew something was fishy because i fought them for about 4 months straight about getting this collection deleted and they would not budge.  Also, i have a public record from them showing because of this same account (everything was paid).  My question is this.........Is there a way i can get the public record removed since they are no longer in business, or is it impossible because these are court records? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Mega Contributor

Re: Hudson and Keyes collection agency is out of business

What was the public notice that was reported? 

Regular Contributor

RobertEG wrote:

What was the public notice that was reported? 

They got a judgement against me

Mega Contributor

[ Edited ]

A judgment is a court order, and thus its designation as a "public record." 

It would appear to me that if the prevailing party in the judgment has subsequently gone out of business, that might affect your continuing obligation on any unpaid portion of the judgment, but I dont see how it would affect the deletion of the judgment itsef from your CR. 

Maybe a motion for vacating the judgment filed back before the court?

Regular Contributor

Yea i kinda figured that,  but i was hoping there was some kind of loophole or way to challenge it.  Oh well never hurts to ask. Appreciate it!!!

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.