Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Increase in Score after last Collection Removed from Experian

tag
rockinn8
Contributor

Huge Increase in Score after last Collection Removed from Experian

Hey Everybody!

If you seen any of my other posts you probably know that I have been trying to get a AFNI collection account removed from my CR.  Today I pulled an Experian report from this site and a whopping increase to 748!!!  Happy Dance in my office!  At the beginning of August it was lower on a FAKO scale of the mid 600s.  One aged off which I plan to settle for pennies when it falls off EQ & TU.  And I settled and GW'd an AFNI collection and today I had a HUGE increase!  My EQ FICO still has the 2 collections on it (although AFNI had previously updated the status to Disputed) and TU takes FOREVER to update!

I'd just like to first say THANK YOU to everyone on this board, and to also encourage others NOT TO GIVE UP!!!  Geez now after the other 2 CBs update I will be looking to apply for 1 or 2 CCs, I currently have a Secured BOA $500CL that I opened in June, 2 EX inqs, 0 EQ inqs, and 1 TU inqs, AAoA 3.2 yrs, any suggestions?  THANKS AGAIN!!!

Starting Score: EQ FICO 673 TU FAKO 641
Current Score: EQ FICO 740, EX FICO 748, TU FICO 722 (Discover)
Goal Score: All 730+ FICOs

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Huge Increase in Score after last Collection Removed from Experian

Message 2 of 6
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

How old was that account?  I just received a response from a complaint I submitted to the CFPB that the account will be deleted from my reports. It is for a little over $2000 and was first reported in 2012.

Message 3 of 6
rockinn8
Contributor

@guinness - Thanks!

@EDub - The AFNI account was about 6.5 yrs old, it was scheduled to fall off my accounts in Feb 2014, but I figured I could prob get it off earlier.  The Midland account fell off this month(on EX), I'm still waiting for it to fall off EQ & TU sometime this month and the AFNI account should fall off sometime by Oct, hopefully soon.  I imagine the big score increase was because it was the last baddie on my EX report.  My TU score is still pretty low because it hasn't updated anything from AFNI or Midland.  BTW, congrats on getting the deletion!

Message 4 of 6
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Thats the thrill of the re-build. Most newbies will never know the excitement of seeing a score jump from 60-100 points in just a few days Smiley Happy

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 5 of 6
rockinn8
Contributor

mmhmmm! now i just need to apply for 1 or 2 more credit cards, I only have one at the moment.  Just waiting for EQ and TU to update so I can pull the trigger on apps

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.