Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge baddie removed

tag
cqdealer711
Frequent Contributor

Huge baddie removed

US department of Education.

was only showing on my experian report, but disputed it and now its gone .  Was a huge one to have off my credit report's back.  17,342  Smiley Happy

YAY good day!

Starting FICO Score: 10/1/12--EQ 512 | TU 492 | EX 524
Current FICO Score: 2/22/14--EQ 705 | TU 703 | EX 716
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Huge baddie removed

Was it an old account from before Oct 2011 when they were using their legacy system? Why was it only on one report? What was the negative on the account and what did you dispute against it? You still have other DoE loan accounts on your reports, right? 

Message 2 of 9
cqdealer711
Frequent Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

Was it an old account from before Oct 2011 when they were using their legacy system? Why was it only on one report? What was the negative on the account and what did you dispute against it? You still have other DoE loan accounts on your reports, right? 

account from before 2011 yes. I dont know what you are referring to regarding "legacy system"  It was a "collection" from DoE.   I no longer have any student loans on my reports since that was removed.

Why do you ask? you know something i should?  lol  Smiley Wink

Starting FICO Score: 10/1/12--EQ 512 | TU 492 | EX 524
Current FICO Score: 2/22/14--EQ 705 | TU 703 | EX 716
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Towards the end of 2011, the DoE changed their backend system and customer facing website where borrowers would have an account, make payments, view loan information, etc.  This new site mysteriously looked like Nelnet's website. At this point, my original DoE loan account (which appeared as one account on my CR with one lump sum for all my graduate loans) was PIF and transferred to the new system even though the loans still serviced through the Direct Loans Servicing Center. With the new system, I got all new loan accounts on my CR, one for each disbursement date.

I have a late payment on the original loan account, sometime like in 2009.  If I call DLSC and talk to a customer service person, they say my first payment is around Sept 2011. They can't even see the old account history anywhere. This is because the tier-1 support staff does not have access to what is referred to as the "legacy system" by supervisors or old timers around the DLSC.

Message 4 of 9
bmblbg
Regular Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

Towards the end of 2011, the DoE changed their backend system and customer facing website where borrowers would have an account, make payments, view loan information, etc.  This new site mysteriously looked like Nelnet's website. At this point, my original DoE loan account (which appeared as one account on my CR with one lump sum for all my graduate loans) was PIF and transferred to the new system even though the loans still serviced through the Direct Loans Servicing Center. With the new system, I got all new loan accounts on my CR, one for each disbursement date.

I have a late payment on the original loan account, sometime like in 2009.  If I call DLSC and talk to a customer service person, they say my first payment is around Sept 2011. They can't even see the old account history anywhere. This is because the tier-1 support staff does not have access to what is referred to as the "legacy system" by supervisors or old timers around the DLSC.

When I called DLSC, I had to be transferred to 6-7 different people before I could get someone to help me.  I had a few old late payments on there from 2006.  Once I finally got someone on the phone who could help me, they were very helpful- but the process to get someone was a pain!

Mortgage Scores:
11/26/2018 EQ: 542 EX: 610 TU: 548
8/30/2018 EQ: 571 EX: 504 TU: 533
7/30/2018: EQ: 598 EX: 591 TU: 608
4/5/2018 EQ: 543 EX: 522 TU: 467
Message 5 of 9
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

Can you give me the number called or any contact information for them as well.....I think I might fall under these guidelines. Thanks in advance! Smiley Embarassed

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 6 of 9
WillF360
Regular Contributor

Me too I just pulled mine up. Its showing a 60 & 90 day late in 2008 when I was in forbearance. Any contact info would be great.

In the Garden since 9/15/13... Goal Date 4/15/14 (WISH ME LUCK)
Closed on First Home 9/13/2013: USDA RURAL HOUSING
Lender Pull 7/25- EQ 673, EX 693, TU 670
Credit Card Approvals: 9/15- Discover It $4500; Chase Freedom $3500; Amex Blue $5000
Goal Score: 720 | Starting Scores (2/12): EQ 493, EX 521, TU 463
Message 7 of 9
bmblbg
Regular Contributor

I just called the number listed on my credit report.

Mortgage Scores:
11/26/2018 EQ: 542 EX: 610 TU: 548
8/30/2018 EQ: 571 EX: 504 TU: 533
7/30/2018: EQ: 598 EX: 591 TU: 608
4/5/2018 EQ: 543 EX: 522 TU: 467
Message 8 of 9
ButterflyT
Established Member

I am having he same issue, mine said paid in full but was in collections..it is scheduled to fall off next month but I would love to be sure it will...thanks for sharing so I will be calling if it doesn't fall off next month.

The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the CHEESE!! lol

Starting Score: 614 (Credit Karma), 640 (TU Fico), 614 (TU via Merrick) as of 5/31/2013
Current Score: 597 (Credit Karma), 621 (TU Fico), 607 (TU via Merrick) as of 8/23/2013 !!!! annoyed
Goal Score: 800+

In My Wallet:RBFCU MC $2.5K/Target $2K/Amazon $1.3K/HB $900/C1Plat $750/Merrick $700/MS $550/ WM $500/C1CR $500 & Various Store Cards
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.