Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hunter Warfield Collection Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hunter Warfield Collection Help

Hi All.

I need a bit of advice with a Hunter Warfield collection that was just reported on my wife's TU and EQ reports this week. Back in January, she received a letter from HW for a $2100 debt from a rental community we vacated last year. The debt was for a utility bill. When the letter was received, we responded with an intent to pay installments to settle the debt in 7 payments of $300 monthly. We received no response from HW. I followed up with 2 more letters and several phone calls and got nowhere with HW. Today, we discovered that HW reported the debt as a collection with an additional $384 tacked on. What should we do at this time? We received no responses to our letters and our calls fell on deaf ears. Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hunter Warfield Collection Help

Did you send any of your requests certified return receipt? I know HW well and don't care for them. If you have proof of your requests, I would file a complaint with the BBB listing a detailed summary of your requests (dates letters sent and phone calls made). Is it possible that they did not respond to calls since they were made by you versus your wife?

Review their BBB complaints and you'll find many who have experienced similar events. There have been times when the results of the complaints were removal of the collection on the credit report.

Good luck to you as this CA is notorious for their poor relations with customers.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks dagsKY! Good advice. I will definitely look at BBB for more information. We have the returned receipts for the 3 letters that were sent.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an FYI -

I had sent a certified letter with return receipt to Hunter Warfield at their address on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd in Tampa and it appears they are no longer there. They also did not leave a new address as the online tracking info left a message "Moved. Left no Address". I then saw that the mail was routed to Fort Myers, FL.

I called the corporate office to ask if they had an office in Fort Myers, FL and the gentlemen on the phone said "no". I asked if I should be sending my DV letters to the main HQ (4620 Woodland Corporate Blvd. Tampa, FL 33614) to which he replied "I'm not sure, I need to look up your account". I hungup on him immediately as I never discuss my accounts with people over the phone.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.