Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hunter Warfield - advice / help needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hunter Warfield - advice / help needed

Okay - this is an account from a funeral home.  My father had passed away and during that time I signed as a co-signor with my brother.  The agreement was I was to pay half of the account.  This account was opened in 2009.  After I got my tax refund I half of the balance.  I sent them a letter stating that if they deposited my check that my half of the account was paid in full.  They took several weeks (about 3) to deposit the check.  No bills, contact or anything was received from them.  When I pulled my credit report I saw that this was still on there.  It's only on TU.  I began to email the OC and discuss the situation.  They basically said they wanted me to pressure my brother to pay the account.  To be honest my brother owes me money and I know I will never see that amount.  I sent them another email with a code that I found regarding payment in full. After I sent them that they have not responded back to me.  I want to write a letter to the CA - Hunter Warfield but don't know what type or what to state.  Any help?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hunter Warfield - advice / help needed

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay - this is an account from a funeral home.  My father had passed away and during that time I signed as a co-signor with my brother.  The agreement was I was to pay half of the account.  This account was opened in 2009.  After I got my tax refund I half of the balance.  I sent them a letter stating that if they deposited my check that my half of the account was paid in full.  They took several weeks (about 3) to deposit the check.  No bills, contact or anything was received from them.  When I pulled my credit report I saw that this was still on there.  It's only on TU.  I began to email the OC and discuss the situation.  They basically said they wanted me to pressure my brother to pay the account.  To be honest my brother owes me money and I know I will never see that amount.  I sent them another email with a code that I found regarding payment in full. After I sent them that they have not responded back to me.  I want to write a letter to the CA - Hunter Warfield but don't know what type or what to state.  Any help?

If you co-signed you are legally liable for the full amount, no ifs ands or buts, its the law, the restrictive endorsement on your check to them doesnt really have any weight whatsover on the contract.  I suggest you make a deal with the funeral home directly asking that they cancel the collection and you come to a settlement with them.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.