Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hunter Warfield - any success?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hunter Warfield - any success?

Has anyone been successful with Hunter Warfield collections? Any recent contact info that you can provide? I know they are difficult to deal with, but the majority of my collections are with them. I'm ready to do what it takes to get them paid & removed since I would like to buy a house in the near future. Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hunter Warfield - any success?

Anyone?
Message 2 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I havent dealt with them but I recommend you approach them in the same way you would any CA, attempt the PFD directly to the office of the CEO.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply! I will try what you suggest. However, I know they are a very difficult CA to work with. I've read some threads about people having success with certain contacts and sharing that info by PM. Most of these threads are old though, so the users seem to not be active in the forum anymore. If anyone has any recent information about dealing with them, please let me know. Thanks again!

ETA: This CA deals mostly with apartment complex issues and things of that sort. Some people suggest contacting the complex directly if the CA won't help. I don't know how good of an idea that is though.

Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the reply! I will try what you suggest. However, I know they are a very difficult CA to work with. I've read some threads about people having success with certain contacts and sharing that info by PM. Most of these threads are old though, so the users seem to not be active in the forum anymore. If anyone has any recent information about dealing with them, please let me know. Thanks again!

ETA: This CA deals mostly with apartment complex issues and things of that sort. Some people suggest contacting the complex directly if the CA won't help. I don't know how good of an idea that is though.

If you can get the OC to recall the collection and settle with them directly that is the best of both worlds.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They don't negotiate..  It's not worth the effort.  Take the hit on your credit and don't waste your time with them.  The negative report on your credit legally has to drop off after 7 years.  If you  work on other areas.on your credit report, it will end up ok.  I'm almost to 700 and I decided after two years of trying to negotiate with them, it's not worth it.  I'm going to run out the time clock on them. They will get NOTHING from me.

Message 6 of 7
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

By any chance, is this a Camden complex?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.