cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hunter Warfield dropped off after 3 years?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hunter Warfield dropped off after 3 years?

My husband and I live in South Carolina. In 2011 we had an apt and do to a job loss we had to break or lease. The debt was sold to Hunter Warfield. My husband now has a good job and we are trying to pay off old debts and fix our credit. When i pulled our reports it doesn't show anymore. Credit karma shows out having been removed in dec 2013(was put on credit in nov,2011). I read somewhere that in sc the SOL on a breech of contract is 3 years. Does that mean it's not coming back or will it show up out of no where later down the road.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Hunter Warfield dropped off after 3 years?

A collection can be reported for up to 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD on the debt.

The expiration of SOL has no relevance to credit report exclusion.

The CRAs dont exclude until approx 7 years affter DOFD, so the removal was due to voluntary deletion by the debt collector, most likely because they sold the debt.

A new debt collector can report at any time.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for replying so fast. Also just realized i wrote that it was deleted dec 2013 it was actually dec 2014. I'm very tired. Also what does everyone mean by gardening?
Message 3 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for replying so fast. Also just realized i wrote that it was deleted dec 2013 it was actually dec 2014. I'm very tired. Also what does everyone mean by gardening?

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Gardening is a period of time one doesnt apply for any new credit.

Message 4 of 8
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

WOW!  I wish my husband had the same luck!  We had a similar story with breaking a lease and the balance was sent to Hunter Warfield.  He can't get rid of them and they won't PFD, so it's gonna sit there for a few more years. Smiley Frustrated

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My husband and I live in South Carolina. In 2011 we had an apt and do to a job loss we had to break or lease. The debt was sold to Hunter Warfield. My husband now has a good job and we are trying to pay off old debts and fix our credit. When i pulled our reports it doesn't show anymore. Credit karma shows out having been removed in dec 2013(was put on credit in nov,2011). I read somewhere that in sc the SOL on a breech of contract is 3 years. Does that mean it's not coming back or will it show up out of no where later down the road.

They may have simply re-sold the debt on the secondary market. Watch for a dunning notice from a new collector for the account.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

We actually just got a settlement offer from them today so im guessing they still have the debt.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

May be worth settling to keep it from being reported again.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.