Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hunterwarfield Inc. (Collection Agency)

tag
eparker
Frequent Contributor

Hunterwarfield Inc. (Collection Agency)

Has anyone dealt with this company?  Will they PFD if anyone has dealt with them?  In the process od sending a PFD letter to them. 

Thanks

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
eparker
Frequent Contributor

chRe: Hunterwarfield Inc. (Collection Agency)

OK....I did a search here on myfico search engine for Hunterwarfield.  Found previous posts about this company and what other people did.  Well I followed their steps Smiley Wink.  I contacted the original creditor, which is an apratment complex.  My daughter was evicted from an apartment while in college, with my name on the lease.  NEVER THAT AGAIN....Someone from the sight requested the OC to recall the debt from Hunterwarfield and come to an agreement with the OC. 

That's exactly what I did, and so far so good.  The person I contacted forwarded the file to her supervisor and they will get back with me.  I also offered a lesser amount and for them to delete.  Alot of the costs were fees.  Will keep posting, hopefully it will work out. 

EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Hunterwarfield Inc. (Collection Agency)

eparker, this whole concept of the OC somehow "recalling" the debt  from the debt collector, and thus compelling prior deletion of prior debt collector reporting of a CA to one's credit file, remains a mystery to me.  It has almost become an old wive's tale with NO legal or admin basis

When an OC refers  debt for collection, they contract with a debt collector to act as their collection agent. From that date, the debt collector exercises their means to collect the debt.  One means they have is to report their collection authoriity to the CRAs in the form of a CA to the conumer credit file.  Pressure on the conumer to then want CR deletion of the posted CA.

If , subsequent to their grant of collection status, and their reporting of their collection to the CRA, the OC terminates the contract,  that, of course, terminates their further ability to act as a collection agency for the OC.  So, in that respect, the debt. and ots collecttion,  is "recalled" from the debt collector.

But hat has NOTHING to do with the prior reporting of the debt collector's legitimate reporting while still under contract with the OC.  If they were an authorized debt collector prior to the time of OC termination of contract, and acciurately reported that to a CRA, that does not nullify their legal posting of the collection to the debtor's credit report.

Nothing thereafter requries the debt collector to delete any reporting of CA actions prior to OC termination of business with them.  An OC cant instuct another party to delete their own prior, legitmate, reporting. 

Message 3 of 6
chasmith
Valued Contributor

RobertEG, there may not be a legal basis for the OC to compel removal by the CA, but it can work.  The reason is that these aren't usually one-off transactions  The CA, if it is truly acting for the OC and not a JDB, wants to keep an ongoing relationship with the OC and keep getting their collection referrals.  So it's possible, perhaps even probable that the OC can get the CA to remove a TL that the CA reported.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Message 4 of 6
eparker
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I understand your point.  I did talk with the OC about this issue, it's not a done deal.  By NO means will I send any money without some form of agreement in writing.  Probably the deletion of the Collection Agency before I send money to anyone.

Now, what they OC and the Collection Agency do after that is their business.  If they continue to take contracts from them or not, they will not be my concern.  If the OC does not agree with my requests then I just move on and attempt to deal with the CA. 

But I will post what happens.  Smiley Wink

EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698

Message 5 of 6
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Actually, the theory is as follows:

OC has a defaulted debt....contracts a CA to collect on the debt.  OC then recalls the debt (most state "it was referred in ERROR").  By recalling the debt, the CA no longer has the debt and if recalled in error, should never have had it.  This the gives rise to the CA deletion.

You can go through all the mental gymnastics to justify why the CA may still be OK in leaving it on the CR...but the REALITY (NOT WIVES TALE) is that for those that DO get the OC to recall a debt from the CA.....the CA listing is deleted.

I have done it and it works.  I have advised others to do this and it works. 

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.