Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Husband's FICO help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Husband's FICO help

We started on this repair journey last week as a couple. We finally are out of depression and debt! Any advice would be great, especially with the short sale from 2012. Should I just wait for the short sale to fall off the report in 2018 or is there a way to delete it?

Here's my husband's report ...

FICO 8 Scores   EQ 596   TU 591  EX 588

FICO 9 Scores   EQ 639   TU 626  EX 621

Mortgage FICO  EQ 614   TU 654  EX 552

GOAL: FICO 8 Score 700 

AAoA   8 yrs

Credit History 13 years

Utilization 27%

Negative/Derogatory Accounts

2 Public Records:

2012 NY state tax lien $138

-PIF last week and WITHDRAWN

-Disputed with CRA today

2016 State tax lien $1119

-PIF last week and WITHDRAWN

-Disputed wth CRA today

2 COLLECTIONS

Express Recovery CA

-PAID, CLOSED 04/2015

-GW sent monday

Accounts that were 30 days or more late:

-BAC Home loans (Transferred and closed 11/2011)

The last lates were 08/2011 & 09/2011 because BAC said they wouldn't accept a short sale unless we were late. Ugh. 

-M&T Bank Mortgage (Short Sale 04/2012) Over 120 days late because they took 3 months to approve/process short sale

We did a short sale and the account is showing notes as

TU "acct paid, foreclsr started" and "settled-less than full bal"

EX "FORECLOSURE AS OF MAR2012, accnt paid in full for less than full balance"

EQ "Accnt paid for less than full balance, account paid afteer foreclosure started"

-Bank of America CC (Charge off,  PIF 04/24/2017, Closed 05/2011)

02/2017 30 day late

GW sent 05/01/17

-Chase Auto (one 30 day late 03/2016)

I made multiple principal payments a few months before and then in 03/2016 I made a short payment because I thought I was still ahead.  

GW sent 05/01/17

-Credit Union Auto loan (PIF, CLOSED 05/2012) 

Two 30 day late pymts 04/2012 and 05/2012

I called and asked for GW (we've been with them for 19 yrs and had another auto loan PIF with no missed pymts). Collections manager denied GW. So I wrote a GW and will write to some higher ups. 

He will be applying for a new CC at our bank tomorrow and is hoping to get another one soon. He now makes 6 figures and we have over $40k in the bank saved for a down payment. Just waiting for a the FICO score moves a little higher this summer.  Man Very Happy

Any advice?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Husband's FICO help

Holy smokes! I had to book my husband's delta ticket so I applied for a delta gold card and it was approved! Yay!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know which CRA they pull from?

That's awesome.

Message 3 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Delta gold card is AMEX which pulls Experian.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have advice on our short sale that may fall off in 2 years?

and I think simply noir is right about Amex pulling Experian. @simplynoir I'm envious of your FICO scores! How long did it take to get there?

Message 5 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Well, I should have said AMEX normally pulls Experian. Every once in awhile you get another CB pull depending on where you live but normally it's EX.

And awhile actually. I didn't deal/manage my credit wisely in my college years and it took years for everything to finally settle down. Once the last negatives fell off my report 3-4 years ago that's when I started to see huge improvements. I have actually been a forum lurker for years getting help here for my questions/concerns before finally joining the forums recently.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I took a chance and app'd for AMEX DELTA card w/EX FICO score of 650 I was approved!!! I'm so excited. Thanks for the encouragement.

Message 7 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

AMEX's Delta Gold card is pretty well known for being the easiest of their revolver cards to get for those that want a least a foot inside AMEX themselves. So congrats Jainitawes3!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fortunately your Short Sale was in the housing crash.  I could be wrong, but I do believe it has less impact due to this.  My boyfriend has a short sale on his credit report from 2011, and we started rebuilding his credit shortly after.  His credit is now 697-720.  Depending on why gets pulled.  So it is not a total deal breaker for credit.  Get all the other stuff cleaned up, and just wait for it to fall off.  You can increase your scores with that still on there.  Good luck!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Fortunately your Short Sale was in the housing crash.  I could be wrong, but I do believe it has less impact due to this.  My boyfriend has a short sale on his credit report from 2011, and we started rebuilding his credit shortly after.  His credit is now 697-720.  Depending on why gets pulled.  So it is not a total deal breaker for credit.  Get all the other stuff cleaned up, and just wait for it to fall off.  You can increase your scores with that still on there.  Good luck!

Thanks for responding. We've cleared all public records and CAs! Hoping they'll all be deleted and updated this month.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.