Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I C System

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I C System

Oh lord, these guys are very tough to work with. I received a letter from them saying I needed to pay or they were going to sue so I called up to talk with them about PIF with a PFD. I spoke with Beth Brown. She says their company has never done such a thing and would not do that. I informed her that I had several PFD letters from her company that I've found all over the internet and she was at a loss for words. She said they would get back to me.

I told her that I'd be sending back a letter to K.Rapp and then began to listen to me. Long story short is I mailed out the PFD and emailed K. Rapp. They are supposed to be getting back to me today. Hopefully it works, I'll let you know.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I C System

Most CA's will never verbally agree to PFD nor admit they have ever done such a thing.  It is the best policy to keep all communications to written form, CMRRR.  Verbal discussions or commitements are worthless with CA's.

Send the PFD offer and wait for a written response.

Something to understand is that the CA Rep you speak with gets a bonus or commission for collecting payments.  A PFD goes to a different department and authority, and the Rep loses out.  They have zero incentive to cooperate.  But if you send the written offer, it goes to their consumer affairs department who can make the decision independent of any personal motivations of a rep.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

check and make sure they are licensed in your state...they are not in illinois.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you, they are licensed in my state and actually they just called me twice. it was pretty intense and they were extremely rude and tried to strong arm me. they refused to do a pfd and stated that if the debt isn't pif by this weekend it will move forward to a lawyer to file judgement.

i definitely do not want a judgement and i can do pif but i'm also trying very hard to clear this from my past.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

tell them politely you would like everyhting via mail correspondance....if they continue to call you....grounds for suing them
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, a judgment is WAY WORSE than a paid collection.

They are not allowed to threaten to sue you if it is not their intent to actually sue you.  So maybe you'll get lucky, and they don't really intend to sue you, and it's just a collection tactic to try to strong arm you.

But keep in mind that they could sue you at any time.  And once they send it to a lawyer, they are no longer allowed to deal directly with you, you will have to deal with the lawyer.  Who has some incentive to get the full amount, including lawyer's fees.

Maybe it's worth waiting until you get served, and PIF at that time, but then you'll have the lawyer fees problem.

You're going to have to decide how long you're willing to hold out for the PFD in light of their stated intent to sue you.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, there's now way i'm getting a judgment. i'm considering calling back today and pif. i just don't want to go by a house a year from now and get denied because it's still on my report.
Message 7 of 15
T_C
Contributor

IC System was ok to deal with for me. They set me up on a payment plan that was manageable, which was paid off March of last year yet was still on my CR as a paid collection. After reading this forum, I sent a gw letter on 5/18/09 to get the CA off my reports, didn't hear anything back. But after reading a little more, I sent an email to their CEO yesterday and last night got a response that the account would be deleted from my CRs! I was shocked and am still on cloud 9. I guess it just depends on who you talk to, but keep trying.

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 617
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 15
bobtail
Regular Contributor

Can you give me their email address?
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

i tried to private message you but it isn't working...you can't post that kind of info on here.

however...it took me like 5 seconds to get the info using google.  

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.